Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2017, 08:01:31 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Other Skill Toys  |  Finesse or Circus Diabolo « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finesse or Circus Diabolo  (Read 1303 times)
yoyocon
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

i play everything but 3a

Finesse or Circus Diabolo
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:59:02 AM »

A little more than a year ago, I bought a Spinablo  to try Diabolos because they looked fun and the spinablo was decently cheap, 2-3 days after i got it, i missed a whip and a part of it broke, rendering it useless. This made me REALLY mad considering i just got it and i had no intention of going back to Diabolos because of that experience, i just started to think about them again for some reason and i remembered while i had it, I did enjoy playing with it, so now i plan on getting something less prone to breaking and I've heard great things about both of these and was wondering which one people prefer.

P.S.Unrelated but, do you pronounce Diabolo like (Dee-uh-bow-low) or (Dee-ah-blow) because i have heard both and was wondering if there was a correct pronunciation or if it doesnt matter
Jayyo
Yarp!
Trade Count: (125)
The Nation

God bless!

Re: Finesse or Circus Diabolo
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 04:21:09 PM »

I have heard (Die-Ah-bowl-oh) and (Dee-ah-bowl-o) and (Diah-blo) and even (Dee-uh-bowl)
I usually say (Die-ah-bowl-oh)

As for the diabolos you mention, I liked the finesse much more myself for its lighter weight and shape. Either is quite good though as they are two very popular choices of players.

Camjameron
Epic
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

If you cant beat em, screw it. I'm outta here

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 01:28:16 AM »

I pronounce it Diah-blo

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."-Richard Dawkins
otakuofthenorth
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »

My friends swear by the Finesse (at least the more recent ones) as being the better diabolo of the two
stupendous
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 06:30:23 PM »

I pronounce it Dee-ah-blow.

I like the Circus.  Though many diabolo players like the Finesse.  They are both equally good, and it usually just comes down to preference.  Much like yo-yos.

Good sticks are also very important.  I like the Henry's Carbon Fiber (short) Sticks.  The metal Mr. Babache Sticks are also good.

As for the spinabolo, I will PM you about it yoyocon.

-Stu

Spin Doctors
Santa Cruz Yo-Yo Club
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: