Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 01:41:13 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Buy / Sell / Trade  |  Trader Feedback  |  Does anyone know who "Chris Moore" is on Facebook? update « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know who "Chris Moore" is on Facebook? update  (Read 5574 times)
jhb8426
Trade Count: (2)
The Nation

Re: Does anyone know who "Chris Moore" is on Facebook? update
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:51 PM »

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:10:07 PM by jhb8426 » Logged
redbilly
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 04:34:01 AM »

good info...to the above post.....Im having hard time figuring out how the FB page I put up is Chris Moore from Houlka though...and collects action figures and yo yos...It says in the FB profile above that this Chris Moore is from Pontotoc, MS and works at the daily journal..our local newspaper in Tupelo, MS...Should I go to the newspaper bldg where this Chris Moore works and let the air out of his tires and leave a note " from your buddies at Yo Yo Nation !!"'? It could possibly be the same guy using an Alias...The Chris Moore I put up is from Houlka, MS, now living in Tupelo, MS and collects toys..ie action figures and according to mutual acquaintances yo yos...If this indeed is the Chris Moore that works at the newspaper ( Daily Journal ) someone could Copy the above threads and send them to the Newspaper editor...I'm sure they would be interested to know if their employee has a bad rep and committing numerous cases of mail fraud.. I will keep evryone updated to what I find out..I want to say the Chris Moore  is same person and had a BS profile up.... Take care
redbilly
The Nation

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2011, 04:45:55 AM »

just a brief bit of info Houlka MS is a small small small town just 45 min. southwest of Tupelo, a city of around 40 thou..  Pontotoc is about 20-30 min due west of Tupelo, but a different town than Houlka.. Liz asked in the beginning if we knew a Chris Moore from Houlka, which indeed is where the FB profile I put up of Chris Moore is from...this is all irelavant though....just some interesting facts
Gizzyo
Trade Count: (2)
The Nation

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »

Wait.

So why do you register for a yoyo forum, and suddenly find this thread and happen to know everything about this guy. Plus posting a picture of him...

Also, how would chaning Chris Moore to Christopher Moore change anything about his identitiy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:45:21 AM by Gizzyo » Logged

☻/
/▌
/ \
Arussell
~My name is Aaron, nice to meet you
Trade Count: (16)
The Nation

Independent

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »

It must be Chris Moore, because Christopher Lynn Moore doesn't even yoyo...

My teacher once asked, "If I have 3 bottles in this hand and 2 bottles in this hand, what do I have?" " I replied with, "A drinking problem?" Best reason to get sent to the principles office....ever
GunstarHero
Chuck Cescon
Trade Count: (39)
The Nation

Throw it away

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2011, 02:58:50 PM »

This whole ordeal sickens me. Just for the fact that a soldier would pull this nunchuck. I can't believe I'm reading this. I really, truly hope whoever this scumbag is that is scamming unsuspecting people receives the proper punishment for his actions.  Karma is a nunchuck dude. You'll get what's coming to you.

I was just curious redbilly. The first post you made stated you knew exactly who Chris Moore is, below your post is a picture. Is this Chris? Because if it is it looks nothing like the Chris on his FB page.

Arussell
~My name is Aaron, nice to meet you
Trade Count: (16)
The Nation

Independent

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 11:44:39 PM »

This whole ordeal sickens me. Just for the fact that a soldier would pull this nunchuck. I can't believe I'm reading this. I really, truly hope whoever this scumbag is that is scamming unsuspecting people receives the proper punishment for his actions.  Karma is a nunchuck dude. You'll get what's coming to you.

I was just curious redbilly. The first post you made stated you knew exactly who Chris Moore is, below your post is a picture. Is this Chris? Because if it is it looks nothing like the Chris on his FB page.

He isn't a soldier. That was the other accused non-yoyoer who in fact is a soldier. Chris Moore is the one we are talking about NOW, Christopher Lynn Moore is the other accused soldier. Thought I would clear it up
King Felix
Trade Count: (38)
The Nation

Next level yoyo manuever? Smart.

« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2011, 11:58:28 AM »

I think the morals of every scam story can be found in the following...

Don't trade on facebook.

Only trade in forums, or face to face at contests.

If people don't have (positive) feedback, make them ship 1st. If they won't, then don't do it. If you have no feedback, ship 1st and only to established traders so you can build up a good reputation.

Get delivery confirmation.

Package your items well.

Do all payments via paypal or electronically... or a check I guess. Never send cash in the mail.

Finally... if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. So if you get really excited about an upcoming deal (that's heavily in your favor), and the person wants you to ship 1st(and has no feedback), take a step back and analyze the situation.

As for you Liz, I'm really sorry to hear this happened to you. The trade we conducted months back went super smooth, and its always a shame to have this happen to anyone(much less a solid, trustworthy trader such as yourself).

Hope this can get figured out. Otherwise we'll have to assemble a costumed team of "scam" vigilantes, who use detective work and force to reclaim stolen yoyos.

rizki_yoist
"floaty" is undefined and it should be avoided
The Nation

-Rizki Hadiaturrasyid-

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »

I agree with gunstarhero. I never really got fooled by a trade, since i don't trade much, but i can imagine how bad is must feels from losing your yoyo. I really hope this guy got arrested soon  tickedoff

having problem designing or drawing a yoyo CAD? hit me up!
SkareCrow96
Trade Count: (24)
The Nation

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2011, 01:01:25 PM »

How much are plane tickets to MS? I say we hop a plane and pay this cat a visit. Gansta style Smiley

If I can help in any way be sure to hit me up.
rizki_yoist
"floaty" is undefined and it should be avoided
The Nation

-Rizki Hadiaturrasyid-

« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2011, 01:07:43 PM »

How much are plane tickets to MS? I say we hop a plane and pay this cat a visit. Gansta style Smiley

yeah i think we need to do this, plane ticket wouldn't hurt as much as what we lose on his scam
jrodriguez
Trade Count: (234)
The Nation

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:56 AM »

Finger Lakes Yoyo Club in Ithaca, NY - PM me for details.
At least 15% of what I say is true.
Grendel
Master of the Insane Clamper Posse;XNGH 1547 Ester Alaska Chapter
Trade Count: (25)
The Nation

The Voice of ALL Grendels Worldwide

« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2012, 04:16:03 PM »

Otherwise we'll have to assemble a costumed team of "scam" vigilantes, who use detective work and force to reclaim stolen yoyos.
Count me in! Grin

American Made Yo Yo; Anti-Yo; General Yo; One Drop Design; Pay with Square.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: