Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 03:30:56 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  For the Show-Offs: YoYo Showcase  |  Museum Of Yo-Yo History.  |  Playmaxx / Proyo collectors ? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playmaxx / Proyo collectors ?  (Read 7582 times)
youthman
Trade Count: (72)
The Nation

Playmaxx / Proyo collectors ?
« on: March 18, 2010, 08:02:53 AM »

I've just received this set but I really don't know how much these Proyo II are worth..any help it's apprecciated!

youthman
The Nation

Re: Playmaxx / Proyo collectors ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »

Just a bump to see if anyone can help me..
Jacob Deffenbaugh
Trade Count: (58)
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 11:45:08 PM »

Talk to the guys of YoYoFactory. 

benmacphee at yoyofactory dot com

-Jacob
hahaha

If you have to ask, therein lies your answer.
jblack
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 02:28:53 PM »

Probably not much because these were ubiquitous during the last boom and those sidecaps weren't rare at all.  I believe Duncan is still using this mold for its pro-yo range.

They are good yo-yos - fun to learn on (2-hand especially) and good to give away to beginners.  The clear ones can be painted from the inside (a la Higby).

I say keep a nice pair and invite some kids over for a craft day with the others.
Crow
The artist formerly known as Scarecrow
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 02:48:23 PM »

They are a bit more interesting than the majority of the ProYo2's made during the last yo-yo boom. These are older ones. These yo-yo's have random air bubbles because of the molds. Playmaxx made new molds that didn't allow the bubbles, after rumors surfaced that the bubbles actually affected the play of the yo-yo's. Personally, I prefer the play of these older ones. Awesome playing yo-yo's.

The pogs are also much nicer than the real mass produced ones. I've always called them "Big Boys". The artwork on the front pog is larger than on your average ProYo2. I assume that Playmaxx moved to the smaller artwork found on the majority of ProYo2's because of manufacturing tolerances in the cutting process.

--
'Crow

Why soar like an eagle, when you can fly like a camel

We'll be remembered not for our collections, but maybe for some of the things we've done with them, and hopefully not for what we've resorted to in order to obtain them.
youthman
The Nation

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 04:05:24 PM »

Thanks jblack and Crow for the detailed informations.
Proyo1collector
Proyo GURU/Prolific Collector
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

OG Tucson JoJo'er

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 06:26:07 AM »

Hmmmm How'd u find those, Do you live here In Tucson Where the Proyo training Center and Museum used to be. I mostly collect Original Proyos and all kinds of other stuff Playmaxx, Then I also have Ny whole case of Bomb players that were all coming out around 04 05 06 so yeah. Ive been yoyoing for a decade plus probably more like 13 years and I became fascinated and obsessed with collecting Every kind of Proyo ever made Pretty Much Duncraft, 70's 80's and 90's Duracraft, Playmaxx. You remind me of my collection of Proyo 2's  that I have amassed since i was a Kid, lol  I like how these pogs are So crisp for sure. And I dont know if its just me or if they're really thickly printed, Might have to buy one Off of ya If it is a Slight variation from any of the Proyo2's that I already have... Probably in the Next Day For ALL you Proyo Playmaxx and YoYO fans Alike I will Post a bunch of Sweet photos of my collections I have built over the Years.  Cant Wait!!!!

youthman
The Nation

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »

Hmmmm How'd u find those, Do you live here In Tucson Where the Proyo training Center and Museum used to be. I mostly collect Original Proyos and all kinds of other stuff Playmaxx, Then I also have Ny whole case of Bomb players that were all coming out around 04 05 06 so yeah. Ive been yoyoing for a decade plus probably more like 13 years and I became fascinated and obsessed with collecting Every kind of Proyo ever made Pretty Much Duncraft, 70's 80's and 90's Duracraft, Playmaxx. You remind me of my collection of Proyo 2's  that I have amassed since i was a Kid, lol  I like how these pogs are So crisp for sure. And I dont know if its just me or if they're really thickly printed, Might have to buy one Off of ya If it is a Slight variation from any of the Proyo2's that I already have... Probably in the Next Day For ALL you Proyo Playmaxx and YoYO fans Alike I will Post a bunch of Sweet photos of my collections I have built over the Years.  Cant Wait!!!!
Nope I'm not American..I've bought them some time ago on e-bay, they were from Australia.
Thanks much for all the informations, but I've already sold the entire set.
CaliBuddha
Trade Count: (280)
The Nation

C3uddha

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »

Heres some of mine. Ive got some others somewhere...

Have you stripped or lost your axle? PM me. I have brand new replacement axles for just about any newer metal yoyo for $2.50 shipped.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: