Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 03:12:10 PM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  For the Show-Offs: YoYo Showcase  |  Museum Of Yo-Yo History.  |  Visual differences between 1st run and 2nd run Peaks « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Visual differences between 1st run and 2nd run Peaks  (Read 11820 times)
Elephark
Moderately Yabai
Trade Count: (31)
The Nation

Re: Visual differences between 1st run and 2nd run Peaks
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2010, 01:08:37 PM »

its the only peak featuring the slip surface, so while it may not be a prototype peak, it is a prototype finish, making it a proto
Almost-only(?).

G-String - Don't be shy, you know you want it.
Heath
"The Works" works
Manufacturer
Trade Count: (128)
The Nation

but can it spark?

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »

yea, its the only FULL peak with slip matte (the one attybud has is 1/2) but both were protos since they were unproduced concepts

http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/hvizier/
Vendetta
Trade Count: (68)
The Nation

Not Fail

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »

that black/blue 1st shop proto is mine, not ettienes  Smiley

Not a proto, but rather, 1st run.

Also, what's the deal with wishing to remain anonymous?

its the only peak featuring the slip surface, so while it may not be a prototype peak, it is a prototype finish, making it a proto

I think that calling it a proto Peak is misleading, was my point.  There are only 6 proto Peaks, and they are very different from any of the others out there.  They shaped what the Peak is today, and yours....is an ano sample.  A very awesome ano sample, I must say.

Heath
"The Works" works
Manufacturer
The Nation

but can it spark?

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »

that black/blue 1st shop proto is mine, not ettienes  Smiley

Not a proto, but rather, 1st run.

Also, what's the deal with wishing to remain anonymous?

I think that calling it a proto Peak is misleading, was my point.  There are only 6 proto Peaks, and they are very different from any of the others out there.  They shaped what the Peak is today, and yours....is an ano sample.  A very awesome ano sample, I must say.

ahhh i see. fair enough.....you have a PM my good man  angel
Ben
Peak Historian and Curator
Trade Count: (50)
The Nation

Less Posting. More Throwing.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2010, 05:19:55 PM »

HVizier, as you and Vendetta have already figured out, what you have here is a 1st run Peak with a prototype finish.  If it were any other yoyo calling it a "proto" would be fine, but in the world of Peaks "proto" has come to refer to the first 6 Peaks machined.

I always pay attention to your posts for good reason Ben. This thread is very informative.

Thanks sicyo.  I put a lot of time into this one... trying to positively contribute to the community.

I put this thread in "Yo Yo Showcase" because originally I just intended to post many pics of 1st run vs 2nd run and "Yo Yo Showcase" is where you go to see pics, but since this became an informative history, I don't think it belongs here because it will eventually get lost in the shuffle.

I think I should request this thread be move to the "Museum Of Yo-Yo History" forum as it probably is better suited for that.

- Ben

Elephark
Moderately Yabai
Trade Count: (31)
The Nation

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »

yea, its the only FULL peak with slip matte
I was under the impression that the blue/green one had the same finish as that one. Was I wrong?

I think I should request this thread be moved to the "Museum Of Yo-Yo History" forum...
...where nobody will ever see it again?
Heath
"The Works" works
Manufacturer
The Nation

but can it spark?

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 07:27:32 PM »

I was under the impression that the blue/green one had the same finish as that one. Was I wrong?

I think I should request this thread be moved to the "Museum Of Yo-Yo History" forum...
you may be right. blue/green is not black/blue though  angel
Vendetta
The Nation

Not Fail

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »

I believe you're right Ele.
A Lonely Yo-Yo
Trade Count: (10)
The Nation

Ian Bouchard

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »

dope peak img

Well i wonder why?

gotquack
Trade Count: (25)
The Nation

I'm drawing....

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 04:11:39 PM »

looky looky fancy yoyos bump so we can see it again

hAteR
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2010, 10:17:28 PM »

From other topic:

Hi Ben!

Thx for sharing this info. After sreading it, I'm sure that the Bearing-gull is different from my other peaks.The 3 of them have the tool change machining line inside the hub. But the Bearing-gull outer edge/lip of the rim is less rounded/more sharper than the hulk or the chesterman. I'm sure they introduced some changes in the machining of the peak in some point between the chester/hulk ones and the bearing-gull. Maybe chris can throw some info about.

Maybe thanks to this, the bearing-gull is so smooth.  Afro

Someone know about this? If not, maybe I will send a pm to chris  Undecided

Vendetta
The Nation

Not Fail

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »

From other topic:

Hi Ben!

Thx for sharing this info. After sreading it, I'm sure that the Bearing-gull is different from my other peaks.The 3 of them have the tool change machining line inside the hub. But the Bearing-gull outer edge/lip of the rim is less rounded/more sharper than the hulk or the chesterman. I'm sure they introduced some changes in the machining of the peak in some point between the chester/hulk ones and the bearing-gull. Maybe chris can throw some info about.

Maybe thanks to this, the bearing-gull is so smooth.  Afro

Someone know about this? If not, maybe I will send a pm to chris  Undecided

The Bearing-gull Peak is not a different "version", but it was machined slightly differently, which altered the weight, and also, apparently the play.  I've been told that they are among the smoothest Peaks out there, for whatever reason.  They aren't a different "version" per se.
hAteR
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:26 AM »

THX Afro I hope the new peaks are like the bearing-gull. It's the most smoothest Peak I have tried.
captainhunter
Trade Count: (4)
The Nation

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2010, 11:06:48 AM »

Glad this got bumped, what a fantastic and informative post.

Thank you very much!

~Live NerdCore~
http://yorad.ca
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: