Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 05:30:01 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  For the Show-Offs: YoYo Showcase  |  Museum Of Yo-Yo History.  |  Who is Jack Bosan? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is Jack Bosan?  (Read 1917 times)
yoyodave
Trade Count: (1)
The Nation

Who is Jack Bosan?
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:41:05 AM »

I received this email a few days ago.  Can anyone help answer his question?

I watched the CBS Sunday morning show and viewed the segment on the Yo Yo Museum with great interest.

I thought finally I have a contact that may be able to answer a mystery question I have wondered about for 40 years.

Who is Jack Bosan (sp)?

In 1969 I was attending Wichita State University and got a job to pay for college expenses.  The job was at Midwest Plastics in Wichita Kansas.   Part time weekends at first than night shift full time.  Midwest Plastics was owned by Flambeau.  We molded Duncan Imperial yoyos nonstop.  The plant had an assembly and packaging line of 10 to 15 people assembling, stringing and placing them on display cards.

The yoyos were packed six dozen to a box.  As long as I worked at Midwest 1969 to 1971 we would AIR FREIGHT once or twice a week 12 or 24 boxes to Jack Bosan in California. No one in manufacturing ever had a clue as to who Jack Bosan was but we were sure that we had air freighted enough yoyos to California that every state resident must have two.

Several maintenance and production helpers were above average with the yoyos.  We were not pros or demonstration quality experience, but when some one brought in a new trick we would all try to learn it.  The shop was 200 yards long with yoyo assembly on one end of the building and molding on the other.  If someone was in the yoyo department and needed to go to molding we would test a brand new, just assembled yoyo on our walk to molding department. Most of us got 1 hour plus a day yoyo time.

Later we molded the Butterfly yoyo.  These were molded on 1950 vintage machines with materials that required drying in very old equipment.  Molding is done differently today.  Midwest Plastics has been closed for years.

Regards

James Ruf
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: