Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 03:28:06 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  For the Show-Offs: YoYo Showcase  |  Museum Of Yo-Yo History.  |  Spintastics Prototype Maelstrom « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spintastics Prototype Maelstrom  (Read 2829 times)
fzzyrn
You can call me Leo
Manufacturer
Trade Count: (65)
The Nation

Spintastics Prototype Maelstrom
« on: October 21, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »

Well I guess i'll start off the Museum's board with a nice writeup of this yoyo I have. I believe that this is a prototype of a Spintastics Maelstrom (it lacks the concaved bearing sleeve) that was given to me at a contest by somebody whose name I sadly forget (Greg, i think? He was elderly and in a walker). Anyway, you can tell that it is a prototype by looking at the weight rings they incorporated into the design. Before they started using rubber o-rings to add weight, they used 8 gauge electrical wire. There are only 6 of these prototypes incorporating electrical wire as weight rings. Note also the Team Spintastics Caps. Only 30 were made, meaning 15 pairs to be put on 15 yoyos. This is a very interesting piece, I think, due to the importance of the Maelstrom in historical yoyoing.

And now... the pictures.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
tboy
Trade Count: (7)
The Nation

Re: Spintastics Prototype Maelstrom
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 12:10:39 PM »

wow.  That is pretty cool.

Grin angel Afro idiot2 shocked tongue rockon Only at YYN!

92% of the teenage population has moved on to rap. if you are part of the 8% that stayed with real music, put this in your profile.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: