Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2017, 05:22:04 PM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Other Skill Toys  |  Pen spinning « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pen spinning  (Read 21782 times)
tamashii_00
Trade Count: (1)
The Nation

Re: Pen spinning
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2011, 11:19:44 AM »

I have been penspinning for about 1 1/2 years now and i can do a variety of the really hard tricks like:
Haitua, Twisted Sonic Bust x3, Triple Fingerless Thumbaround, Palmspin to fl Thumbaround, and other entrances into Haitua.
I mainly use a Buster CYL which is not recommended for beginner spinners due to its weight.
I have a selling thread on UPSB and if anyone wants to buy from me send me a pm there
http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?p=77589
ShadrCom3t
pneumonoultramicroscopicsili covolcanoconiosis
Trade Count: (17)
The Nation

time- there isn't enough of it

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »

The only adequate penspinning video that I've made.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoycUS4YfHU[/youtube]

How floaty is the 44?
Quote from: YoYoFactory

We measured it on a floaty-o-meter and it scored a 44.
dade
Trade Count: (13)
The Nation

« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »

I've thought about trying pen spinning out, just so I could give them away for x-mas this year.  Could someone suggest a good pen to begin with, and where to buy them?  I'm looking for a $20 price range, and I want one that doesn't really "need" mods, just so it's easier for my friends to pick up as well.
ShadrCom3t
The Nation

« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »

I've thought about trying pen spinning out, just so I could give them away for x-mas this year.  Could someone suggest a good pen to begin with, and where to buy them?  I'm looking for a $20 price range, and I want one that doesn't really "need" mods, just so it's easier for my friends to pick up as well.

RSVP MX
Metallic Commsa

for the rsvp mx, just skip the inktube step
for the commsa, skip the "adding custom grips"

There! No cutting or drilling =D
dade
The Nation

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

Just finished a RSVP MX, with the tip from a Impact RT and a G-2 grip.  Spinning is tough, but I have to say I'm actually finding myself enjoying trying to learn the basics.
ShadrCom3t
The Nation

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2011, 10:12:55 PM »

Just finished a RSVP MX, with the tip from a Impact RT and a G-2 grip.  Spinning is tough, but I have to say I'm actually finding myself enjoying trying to learn the basics.
Penspinning is probably the hardest thing I know.

FYI, you should check WHAT SUBS you're using. Impact RT's are waaay too heavy for an RSVP MX. It'll make the pen harder to spin. Try a (metal) Signo tip. HOWEVER, nothing compares to a Hybrid Gel Grip tip.

G2 grips don't look as good as the new RT RSVP grips IMO, but you could use either. Again nothing really compares to an HGG. It's fine though.

But all in all, try to make pen mods as close to the original as possible. It's kinda hard overall, but you could buy some of these pens off of penwish.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:14:25 PM by ShadrCom3t » Logged
dade
The Nation

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2011, 11:32:12 PM »

I originally thought the Impact RT tip would be too heavy as well, but after trying out a few other tips (all of which were way too small) the RT balanced the pen.  It's hard for me to explain, because I'm a complete noob at this, but the center of the pen is also the center of the weight.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, I had to make the mod out of what I could find locally, which is why I didn't use a Hybrid Gel.
ShadrCom3t
The Nation

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2011, 10:20:30 PM »

I originally thought the Impact RT tip would be too heavy as well, but after trying out a few other tips (all of which were way too small) the RT balanced the pen.  It's hard for me to explain, because I'm a complete noob at this, but the center of the pen is also the center of the weight.  Does that make sense?  Anyway, I had to make the mod out of what I could find locally, which is why I didn't use a Hybrid Gel.

That's true... but it doesn't really spin the same/balanced. It's kinda hard to explain.
-it could be me xD

And yeah, that tends to be the main problem in penspinning, you can't find over half of the pens locally.
dade
The Nation

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »

It's way better than my bic w/ 2 caps, so I'm pretty happy with it.  I'll be buying a couple mods from penwish sometime soon though.  What would you suggest?  I dig waterfall and metal comssas.
ShadrCom3t
The Nation

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2011, 09:20:04 PM »

It's way better than my bic w/ 2 caps, so I'm pretty happy with it.  I'll be buying a couple mods from penwish sometime soon though.  What would you suggest?  I dig waterfall and metal comssas.

Waterfall
Commsa
Lemon
Dr.KT

Those are my preferences.
tamashii_00
The Nation

« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2011, 09:40:16 AM »

I like the rushon double-capped mod, and the Marvy Marker mods, although they are pretty expensive.
some other viable options could be a G3 MX, Product Sc mod, MSXA and CK mod.
ShadrCom3t
The Nation

« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »

Yeah the rushon is good.

some other viable options could be a G3 MX, Product Sc mod, MSXA and CK mod.

But he said no modding. Those require lots of modding. I would say "get a Seven or Kuzu," but those things require intense modding... he's just a beginner

If you're saying "get them pre-made by penwish," then yeah those are great options, except for the G3 MX and the MSXA (-a little).
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:19:39 PM by ShadrCom3t » Logged
tamashii_00
The Nation

« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2011, 07:19:17 PM »

If im not mistaken, a Dr. KT is pretty hard to make if you do the standard grip cut scheme, but you can ask Eric to cut them for you(owner of Penwish), same with the grips on comssas. An MSXA and CK mod (v1) are pretty simple to mod as well. CK v2 is a pain in the buttocks to mod, with all of the sanding and cutting and various parts you wouldn't have as a beginning modder. And a Dr. KT nor Waterfall are suitable for beginners either, if im not mistaken.+
ShadrCom3t
The Nation

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2011, 07:50:23 PM »

If im not mistaken, a Dr. KT is pretty hard to make if you do the standard grip cut scheme, but you can ask Eric to cut them for you(owner of Penwish), same with the grips on comssas. An MSXA and CK mod (v1) are pretty simple to mod as well. CK v2 is a pain in the buttocks to mod, with all of the sanding and cutting and various parts you wouldn't have as a beginning modder. And a Dr. KT nor Waterfall are suitable for beginners either, if im not mistaken.+

No, lol I was saying those mods WOULD BE FINE if Dade was buying them pre-made. None of those mods are ok if he's not getting them from penwish premade. He does not want to make them himself anyway. I'm not sure if I'm being clear or not. The MSXA requires some sanding I'm sure, which is pretty time consuming to get it right. If not, you could break some Comssa caps.

Lots of beginners go to busters nowadays so I thought that a KT would be ok.... if he's getting it pre made. It does come with the ryo grip scheme anyway (when bought from penwish). He could just slip on grips. Yeah it is 20g, so it could be way too heavy for Dade.

And a waterfall is more than fine. It's only 15g and an MX is like 13g. What's wrong with that?  coolsmiley
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:50:57 PM by ShadrCom3t » Logged
tamashii_00
The Nation

« Reply #114 on: September 19, 2011, 03:32:06 PM »

0_o i thought the MSXA was just 1. Make an RSVP MX back cap, 2. Put HGG grip on RSVP front of the body, 3. Screw HGG tip onto comssa cap, 4. Put cap onto front grip and back cap on the back. Well unless you ean sanding down the front of the RSVP, although its unnecessary, cuz i put them on slowly, to avoid any breakage; I have yet to break my MSXA Grin But making mods yourself is cheaper, but wont be as nice as pre-made, so it depends on Dade's budget on what he's gonna buy.

I was thinking about the Flying Panda mod on Penwish, which is an extended waterfall + signo tips. Quite an overkill imo. My bad lol.

And a waterfall and MX are fine. Nothing wrong there Cheesy
Bearadise
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2011, 03:23:49 AM »

Hi guys! I'm new to yoyoing but I've come from pen spinning! I just reached 4 years of pen spinning this month (although I am not very good for the time I've spent spinning) and decided to share a quick 1 try video for you! ^^

I'm immensely excited for my yoyo to come in the mail! This community is much much larger than pen spinning is! o:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx_dT5r_eac[/youtube]

dade
The Nation

« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2011, 02:38:57 AM »

That was rad man.  I'm still super noob at pen spinning, but I carry my pen with me everywhere, and practice the simple stuff when I can.
ShadrCom3t
The Nation

« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2011, 08:38:27 AM »

I just reached 4 years of pen spinning this month

I'll reach 3 years in november and I still suck  tongue
But you're awesome hahaha
Bearadise
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2011, 05:51:08 PM »

Thanks but most of the people who spin in my area are better than me and haven't spun as long either. Tongue

That was rad man.  I'm still super noob at pen spinning, but I carry my pen with me everywhere, and practice the simple stuff when I can.

Yeah I carry my pen everywhere too! Hopefully I'll be carrying my yoyo as well! Smiley
NKessler
The Nation

« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »

Thanks but most of the people who spin in my area are better than me and haven't spun as long either. Tongue

Yeah I carry my pen everywhere too! Hopefully I'll be carrying my yoyo as well! Smiley

I've got a prediction.  You're going to be an amazing yoyoer once you find your preferences and style.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: