Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 01:35:36 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Buy / Sell / Trade  |  Trader Feedback  |  Had a bad trade with user Graiskye « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Had a bad trade with user Graiskye  (Read 860 times)
Lyme
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

Had a bad trade with user Graiskye
« on: May 22, 2012, 10:31:34 AM »

I got into yoyoing a few years ago. This past summer I decided to go back to school and in the process make some much needed cash by letting go of some of my extra stuff. I listed a few yoyos for sale here and the user Graiskye contacted me about buying three of them for $60 and splitting shipping. He had a lot of positive feedback already so I thought this would be a good trade.

I thought it was a fair deal all around.  He was nice and polite while we talked back and forth.  I mailed them off in March and that was the last I heard from him. I even had to eat the sipping to canada.

It is almost the end of May and I have yet to receive any payment.

Overall it left a very bad taste in my mouth for online trading. Be careful out there.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 01:43:26 PM by Lyme » Logged
yomagic
Joey Serrano
Trade Count: (145)
The Nation

VsNewton/Werrd/YYF- All any yoyoer needs

Re: Had a bad trade with user Graiskye
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »

Did he pay? Im confused on what the complaint is
Lyme
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »

Sorry.

Correct, I never received any payment.
jrodriguez
Trade Count: (234)
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 05:13:00 PM »

I've asked him to respond to this. Hope you guys can clear this up.

Finger Lakes Yoyo Club in Ithaca, NY - PM me for details.
At least 15% of what I say is true.
Lyme
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »

Thank you.
Graiskye
Just a guy who enjoys yoyos
Trade Count: (15)
The Nation

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:57:17 AM »

Lol. nothing like hanging a person out too dry who isn't even present, but I guess I cant expect much different from this place..  Granted I had not logged onto YYN in a long time, I simply had no reason too, I am not one who checks my emails often so I missed the heads up from JRod, I do appreciate that at least he tried to get in touch with me.
To make this abundantly clear I never received any yoyos from Lyme.
And lets make sure we know what yoyos we are talking about here, so we know the supposed reason I decided to trash the meager feedback that had taken me a year to build...A YYJ DarkMagic 1 trashed, A YYF Velocity(v3), a YYF Protostar, I was after the Protostar and Velocity, and I agreed to 55 IIRC Huh I felt I was basically doing the guy a favor agreeing to buy his yoyos, they certainly were not much of a deal to be had. I was actually relieved when they never did arrive, I really felt I was overpaying, but I had agreed to the deal already and I am not one to shirk out of a deal, I hold up my end of the bargain, and I fully intended to here, had the yoyos ever arrived.
So Ill trash my feedback for a velocity v3(of which I have since acquired and now I feel really bad about ever suggesting someone buy one of them they are absolute POS, adjustable response lol), and a used Protostar ?
Not likely.
 This joker said he was going to send me yoyos ohhhh, 4-5 times, and I finally gave up waiting on him. If the yoyos ever arrived obviously I would have contacted him with payment as I agreed to, I was not sending him money first.
If I cared I could post the PM's where he said he would send again and again, a month later I would get a message saying he hadn't sent yet but he would soon, as soon ---- he overcame whatever obstacle was in his way at that time.
I just gave up, so I figure the guy is lying.
The feedback should rightfully be removed from my feedback this guy has no proof of anything aside from his word and I say he is lying, I have actual trades and feedback to back me up what does he have ?
4-5 PM's where he kept saying hed send the yoyos but never did send ?
Now just to be clear, if I send someone a few PM's saying Im sending them some yoyos, can I then claim that I indeed sent the yoyos, and that member now owes me money ?
 Basically this is what is happening here.
GG YYN.
No wonder the whole thing failed.
 I was going to post in the thread about making string, that's why I finally logged in, but why bother, this is -------, Im done with YYN, Im not even PM'ng this fool 'Lyme', he does not deserve my time as far as I am concerned.

'Smile, your hobby is playing with a child's toy'
 -ReverendYo
'I think on these internet forums (and for kids at contests) the sport has become trading/buying and bragging about cool, rare yoyos than actually playing.'
-Wiggum
ShaunC
Ditch Down Crew
Trade Count: (18)
The Nation

from Hell...

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 07:42:32 PM »

I don't see how any of this is the fault of YYN? A moderator tried to contact you to resolve it and get your side. Now we have your side. Get a moderator to remove the feedback. Nobody trashed you except the Lyme guy. Now you've cleared it up. I don't think anyone believes you scammed him.

"One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: