Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 05:25:52 PM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Yo-Yo Clubs & Meets  |  Contests  |  PA Yoyo Contests « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PA Yoyo Contests  (Read 2012 times)
Purpleness
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

PA Yoyo Contests
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »

So its 2012, and I was wondering if any1 knew of any yoyo contests in PA (Preferably for 5A)?
Thanks!
Mike.Gleockner
Vsnick
Trade Count: (12)
The Nation

VsNYYC Representin

Re: PA Yoyo Contests
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:26:39 PM »

NONE AT ALL!

A bro with no haters is a bro whos never stood up for anything in his life
tkdlaxer
I love throwing, keeps the hands busy, but lets the mind wander
Trade Count: (2)
The Nation

Re: Re: PA Yoyo Contests
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 06:19:21 PM »

Its a bummer, if really like to go hang out at a couple..

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk
202andrew
Yeah Buddy
Trade Count: (39)
The Nation

Vs Newton

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 07:14:09 PM »

I'd like to see one happen angel
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 08:03:50 PM by 202andrew » Logged

3a All Day
Elliot Ogawa
Trade Count: (16)
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »

I would come back to my home state for it.

1a-Sliepner
3a-Stargazer
Purpleness
The Nation

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »

lol I guess PA isn't one for yoyoing.  We could mabye start up a contest somehow (not quite sure how it's done  Grin)
Mike.Gleockner
Vsnick
The Nation

VsNYYC Representin

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 12:22:58 PM »

lol I guess PA isn't one for yoyoing.  We could mabye start up a contest somehow (not quite sure how it's done  Grin)

very easy just no one has the capital to strt it up
Mike.Gleockner
Vsnick
The Nation

VsNYYC Representin

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 12:43:47 PM »

If I can get a few people to go in on this we could definetly mke this happen but almost all players in PA are my age or younger excluding my man bobby who many many people dont know about

me and bobby considered having a comp but well have to see what happens... if i can get ahold of the juggling club at state they might be able to help us with it
Purpleness
The Nation

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »

awesome i'd love a juggling/yoyo-ing contest  Smiley
Mike.Gleockner
Vsnick
The Nation

VsNYYC Representin

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 07:34:51 PM »

awesome i'd love a juggling/yoyo-ing contest  Smiley

no juggling.... they could just hook me up with a venue at the school bc they like me
--Paul
The Nation

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 11:50:17 PM »

More than happy to donate half a grand. However I'm pretty busy from now until September. Maybe July-ish

I'm not really sure how much real interest there is. Everyone talks a good story but could you really change plans around just to drive hundreds of miles to a small yoyo contest?
Purpleness
The Nation

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »

More than happy to donate half a grand. However I'm pretty busy from now until September. Maybe July-ish

I'm not really sure how much real interest there is. Everyone talks a good story but could you really change plans around just to drive hundreds of miles to a small yoyo contest?

I agree.  If people are going to donate money to start up a contest, we should definetly make sure a bunch of people are coming.
tkdlaxer
I love throwing, keeps the hands busy, but lets the mind wander
Trade Count: (2)
The Nation

Re: Re: PA Yoyo Contests
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 01:05:40 PM »

I think this has been a problem in the past, if love to go but between work and applying for teaching jobs who knows if I could.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk
GunstarHero
Chuck Cescon
Trade Count: (39)
The Nation

Throw it away

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:25 PM »

If this could happen the first half of July I'm totally down. Depending on where in PA it is of course.

AlisRIOSteff
Kyle Derry
Trade Count: (38)
The Nation

immortal

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »

People drove up from the Carolinas for NER, and that was in Massachusetts. RI states is starting up too, on the 21st, so i'm sure if you get everything together and put the word out, people will come from all around.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHTsQ9qePrQ[/youtube]
If you build it, Ray Liotta will come...

(clickable)
--Paul
The Nation

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »

People drove up from the Carolinas for NER, and that was in Massachusetts. RI states is starting up too, on the 21st, so i'm sure if you get everything together and put the word out, people will come from all around.

Maybe so. It would be nice to have another gathering here in PA.
Purpleness
The Nation

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »

So how do we get it started?
Mike.Gleockner
Vsnick
The Nation

VsNYYC Representin

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »

So how do we get it started?

first you find a venue to hold it.... then you find judges and sponsors..... after that you just announce a date and tell people to come

its truly not that hard it just takes time and money and a lot of us have neither to do it
Purpleness
The Nation

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »

So I guess the real difficult part is the "judges and sponsors" part.  Anyone have a friend high up in duncan or any other big-shot yoyo site?
Mike.Gleockner
Vsnick
The Nation

VsNYYC Representin

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »

So I guess the real difficult part is the "judges and sponsors" part.  Anyone have a friend high up in duncan or any other big-shot yoyo site?

sponsors are pretty easy to get if you know how to market yourself..... make up a letter that you can send to any company you believe would help sponsor the contest..... The hard part is actually finding a venue that people are willing to go to

if your serious about doing this contact me and i can help you out
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: