Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 01:40:25 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Buy / Sell / Trade  |  Trader Feedback  |  If you're thinking of doing these things...DON'T « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: If you're thinking of doing these things...DON'T  (Read 1069 times)
StillinKansasCity
One Drop Connoisseur
Trade Count: (57)
The Nation

Yes, but does it accept Side Effects?

If you're thinking of doing these things...DON'T
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:44:13 AM »

Disclaimer: These are all real PMs that I have received in my four years on the forums. I will not name the offenders, but rest assured, I will not deal with them again. It's not my typical scene to write negative feedback if I'm pleased with the overall conclusion because life happens and we cannot predict what fate will befall our best laid plans. I have compiled the most vile of BST habits and composed them into an amusing movie reference. Enjoy.

If you're thinking of shipping without a box...DON'T
If you're thinking of low-balling an offer when it is expressly forbidden...DON'T
If you're thinking of responding to an offer with, "what else u got?"...DON'T
If you're thinking of saying, "would you do both of those Side Effects+$50+y-factor for my superstar?"...DON'T
If you're thinking of writing, "YYN won't let me post pictures  Undecided PM for pics plz."...DON'T
If you're thinking of pming, "I have a code2, whats your offer?   Smiley" without even mentioning said yo-yo's condition or colorway like I have a blanket offer amount for said yo-yo regardless of these variables...DON'T
If you're thinking of treating anyone like they were born yesterday and can obviously be taken advantage of...DON'T
If you're thinking of offering a yo-yo as "MIB" without the box...DON'T
If you're thinking of offering yo-yos that someone specifically says that they do not want in their BST...DON'T
If you're thinking of not shipping on time or very late without communicating...DON'T
If you're thinking of agreeing to ship at the same time and then waiting for the other trade before shipping yours, then saying that you shipped it at the same time even though you reused the other dude's box...DON'T
If you're thinking of linking to your YouTube account to make you look like a "good dude"...DON'T

DON'T low-ball, DON'T rip-off, DON'T mistreat, DON'T be unkind, DON'T disrespect, DON'T exaggerate, DON'T DON'T DON'T

If you're thinking of locking this thread...DON'T

p.s. If you don't get the reference, it's from a fake commercial shot for the film, Grindhouse, by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez.

Really though, there are alot of new faces on the BSTs and problems must be addressed before people start getting too sloppy.

This should be played at high volume, preferably in a residential area.
d42kn355
Throw. Catch. Repeat.
Trade Count: (52)
The Nation

Throws: ALOT of SPYY. Avalanches, Code2's

Re: If you're thinking of doing these things...DON'T
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 04:29:28 PM »

Really though, there are alot of new faces on the BSTs and problems must be addressed before people start getting too sloppy.

Things have been getting extraordinarily sloppy as of late..

JoeBadass
Stephen Fuentes
Trade Count: (25)
The Nation

OD CODE1 ALL DAY EVERYDAY.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »

LMAO that last one.

AndyCandy
I love Greece!
Trade Count: (6)
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 05:13:39 PM »

not only new people... messaged 2 experienced indivduals about a trade and they never messaged me back eventhough they were bumping their BSTs... I mean its ok if they decline my offer, I even told them in PMs, but they never responded and thats rude to me. Thats *beeping* annoying... do you wanna deal on the forums or not?` tickedoff

Learning very slowly...

yoyospirit
The Nation

Modder

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »

not only new people... messaged 2 experienced indivduals about a trade and they never messaged me back eventhough they were bumping their BSTs... I mean its ok if they decline my offer, I even told them in PMs, but they never responded and thats rude to me. Thats *beeping* annoying... do you wanna deal on the forums or not?` tickedoff

I hate it when people do that, how hard is it to just reply "no thanks"?!

Jayyo
Yarp!
Trade Count: (125)
The Nation

God bless!

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:46:16 AM »

I do that, often times cause I think "wow really, you dont even deserve a reply", or I just find you an annoying little brat and I hope you get hit in the face with a noctu while stepping on a lego.

But I digress,

Or sometimes I just forget.
 tongue

AndyCandy
I love Greece!
The Nation

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »

Forgetting is one think but if I politely ask you what you think of the deal multiple times and even saying that I really dont know and that I can offer more or whatever, then its NOT ok.
yoyospirit
The Nation

Modder

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:25:13 PM »

Don't back out of a trade without telling the other person either Tongue
Preinfalk
Just a random guy
Trade Count: (57)
The Nation

Wandering thrower

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »

There's some that are not your fault and you can't help. I see two on the list.

1. shipping without a box. A lot of times, I never get boxes, so I have no choice but to ship without it . Mainly happens with clyw. Plus, not all yoyos come with boxes =P

2. For the pm me for pics, sometimes they can't help it. As of right now, if I post more than 3 links, I get the 404 Error, and I cannot  update my bst. it happens.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: