Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2017, 08:00:26 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Buy / Sell / Trade  |  Trader Feedback  |  joeluisyoyo messed it up « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: joeluisyoyo messed it up  (Read 1488 times)
nationyo
joeluisyoyo messed it up
« on: February 18, 2012, 01:05:03 PM »

I had joeluisyoyo turn 2 pairs of yoyos raw. He has done great work making them raw,
but here's the issue.

He stripped one yoyo, Double Joker LF.
The axle has been stripped and the thread has been deformed.

Now, this incident sucks enough. I'm a 3A player, which is even worse. I don't do 1A.
They're a pair of nothing. You know how much it'll cost me to buy a new pair of Double Joker LF right?

I told him he should buy them from me for $250. I thought I was being lenient, but he doesn't think so.
This is what he says.

Both of them are not messed up.I told you i had some problems with that i could of fix.But I can fine one on bst and send it to you.I am not even sure how it stripped but.I am gonna try to do everything to fix this problem.

Also one joker is 189 not 250.But i understand.Please be understandable with me.I can help you but help me help my self.Lets work this out together and you will have your yoyos working.

He's not in my shoes so he doesn't understand at all.
He think everything is all right if it gets rethreaded.

So what? I'm supposed to have one original Double Joker LF,
and the other one rethreaded, and I'm supposed to play 3A with it?
Give me a break.

He has done something I'm not happy of, so he should be making me happy
by doing something that makes me happy right? Of course the favor should
be reasonable and not ask for more than the cost of the yoyo.

He's not going to buy them off of me so I'm going to solve this myself.
I'll leave him negative feedback and sell those messed up pair.

I learned my lesson.
I'm no longer sending any of my yoyos to anyone for any kind of service.
Acavando
Trade Count: (48)
The Nation

Tach-Yo

Re: joeluisyoyo messed it up
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:03:56 PM »

Theres a risk in modding anything YYR. i inform my clients of this, and i am well aware of things going horribly wrong. Ive had things stripped of mine, No big deal. of course it wasnt something like that. but ive had work done from jose, and everything turned out perfectly.
Sekhmet
Trade Count: (27)
The Nation

don't drop that yo yo yo (ayeeeee!!)

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »

man it seems like  you always have bad experiences. hope he fixes this problem though!

"Plus, yo-yos are cool and everything, but I want to get laid."

Jensen Kimmitt
yoyospirit
Trade Count: (6)
The Nation

Modder

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »

Are both sides stripped or only one side?  If it's only one side, cut a new axle or buy one, then JB Weld the axle into the stripped half, and if there are any threads left, tighten the axle a bit with pliers, but just enough until the axle is tight with the JB Weld but not so tight that you completely strip the threads.  But even if you are able to fix it, you should still have him pay you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:12:38 PM by yoyospirit » Logged

moefv
General-Yo And VsNYYC Professional Collector!!!
Trade Count: (28)
The Nation

General-Yo Brotherhood Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »

I know Jose personally and I am sure he is trying to get everything resolved with you. Sorry this had to happen and Good Luck to both of you and I hope you and him get everything resolved.  Afro

jrodriguez
Trade Count: (234)
The Nation

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »

Unfortunately, this issue still hasn't been resolved. If and when joeluisyoyo takes care of this, he can contact me with a request to remove this.

Finger Lakes Yoyo Club in Ithaca, NY - PM me for details.
At least 15% of what I say is true.
JoeBadass
Stephen Fuentes
Trade Count: (25)
The Nation

OD CODE1 ALL DAY EVERYDAY.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »

Subing.

nationyo
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 04:13:13 AM »

I've sent them to yoking, hoping maybe he can fix it.
Landon has spend 2 hours, probably more, trying to fix it.
He did his best, but the damage joeluisyoyo has done is beyond repairable.

I've lost more than $300 buying Double Joker LF pair and paying him to work on them.
He thinks everything will be alright if he pays $100, which he hasn't still done yet.
I haven't received a cent.

Don't send any yoyos to him. He messed up my yoyo.
He doesn't know how to take responsibility for his actions.
Decahedron
Trade Count: (16)
The Nation

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »

Did you indeed send him "2 pairs of yoyos" aka 4 yoyos?
and 1 yoyo was messed up, correctly, so 1/4?

Was the yoyo (and it's match, as a 3a set) a brand new yoyo?  It looks like he offered to replace it with one from the buyseltrade forums.  If yours was used and he offers to replace with similar condition or bettter used, that seems fair to me.  If he went with this route, however, i feel he ought to offer to give you cash or some sort of holdover until he finds said yoyo.  If he replaced a used with a brand new yoyo that'd be even better, of course, but i dont know if I'd EXPECT as much.

At the end of the day, anyway, it seems it'd be beneficial to both parties in all future modding services for everyone to have a clear and explicit understanding of what will happen in the even of yoyos being damaged, that way there won't be any workarounds or lack of clarity.  These modders arent big businesses, and though they certainly have a responsibility to make "right" what happened, they dont have policies on it either, so it seems to be at least somewhat the responsibility of the purchaser of modding to make it very clear.

http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,108230.0.html

My e-bay auctions!  Looooow starting bids!
FordGill91
Trade Count: (5)
The Nation

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »

Interesting.
was planning to send a peak and a levi....

Tetrahedron
CLYW Project Affiliate
Trade Count: (83)
The Nation

FG Chiefs, bro.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 06:39:59 AM »

Should've asked Cali... /:

I feed bad for Alex, who is a top-notch guy in the community.

joeluisyoyo
Trade Count: (11)
The Nation

Team Tach-yo

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »

I have done so many mods before and I have never sent anyone a broken yoyo , I did a mistake which I let you know as soon as it happened I been trying to work things out ,I offered to pay some one to retapp it I have offered to look for one on bst.I Tried everything in my power that is possible.I am 16 I have no job,I have no income accept for the yoyos I mod ,I think i have been more that fair in trying to fix the problem.Now I look like a scamer and a bad person who breaks peoples yoyos.I am sure i never do a mod now ,But everyone who i have traded with or modded a yoyo for know iI am a good guy And i try my best , But if you think post stuff about me making my life harder and now on yoyo forums which is a place were I trade and chat with the same people who enjoy this hobbie.Not only is that done but I am a guy who takes everything to heart and if i know i messed up And i am ,making someones day bad beacause I messed up I dont get much sleep untill i can fix what i did.I take alot of pride in the  work and the things I do.I hope everyone understands My situation as much As i understand nationyo situation.
-joe

When you set goals, You set limits
Swatnoodle
YYR = <3
Trade Count: (69)
The Nation

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 03:43:12 PM »

I have done so many mods before and I have never sent anyone a broken yoyo , I did a mistake which I let you know as soon as it happened I been trying to work things out ,I offered to pay some one to retapp it I have offered to look for one on bst.I Tried everything in my power that is possible.I am 16 I have no job,I have no income accept for the yoyos I mod ,I think i have been more that fair in trying to fix the problem.Now I look like a scamer and a bad person who breaks peoples yoyos.I am sure i never do a mod now ,But everyone who i have traded with or modded a yoyo for know iI am a good guy And i try my best , But if you think post stuff about me making my life harder and now on yoyo forums which is a place were I trade and chat with the same people who enjoy this hobbie.Not only is that done but I am a guy who takes everything to heart and if i know i messed up And i am ,making someones day bad beacause I messed up I dont get much sleep untill i can fix what i did.I take alot of pride in the  work and the things I do.I hope everyone understands My situation as much As i understand nationyo situation.
-joe

I understand your situation, but that does not excuse what you did. You ruined his Yo=Yo, and need to replace it. Trying is not going to bring his Yo-Yo back.

If you have a Grizzly Bear Clown Town Peak, I or II, GET AT ME!!!
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,98271.0.html
That's what I got Cheesy
joeluisyoyo
The Nation

Team Tach-yo

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »

I understand , Thats not the point If i am trying to fix this problem why should I have a thread about me being responsible and that not one so should send something to me.
Swatnoodle
YYR = <3
Trade Count: (69)
The Nation

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 03:54:04 PM »

I understand , Thats not the point If i am trying to fix this problem why should I have a thread about me being responsible and that not one so should send something to me.

because the situation has not been resolved, so it is like a warning about not dealing with you until it is resolved
jrodriguez
Trade Count: (234)
The Nation

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »

Swatnoodle has it right. It's been more than a month since nationyo made this thread and you still haven't resolved the situation. The point of the trader feedback section is to make public situations like this.
joeluisyoyo
The Nation

Team Tach-yo

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »

All the possible mods i had to do is now not happening because of this thread so I am not aure what i can from here.
Decahedron
Trade Count: (16)
The Nation

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 01:06:04 PM »

Ive gotta repeat the idea/recommendation that from now on people who are paying for mods ought to have it worked out what will happen in cases such as this, whether its buyer's risk, 50/50 in terms of replacing it, etc.  Maybe even add it to the modding sticky?
JoeBadass
Stephen Fuentes
Trade Count: (25)
The Nation

OD CODE1 ALL DAY EVERYDAY.

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »

Ive gotta repeat the idea/recommendation that from now on people who are paying for mods ought to have it worked out what will happen in cases such as this, whether its buyer's risk, 50/50 in terms of replacing it, etc.  Maybe even add it to the modding sticky?
+1.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: