Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 01:36:35 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Buy / Sell / Trade  |  Trader Feedback  |  Does anyone know how to deal with stolen packages? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know how to deal with stolen packages?  (Read 1498 times)
Liz
C'est la vie. ♔
Trade Count: (127)
The Nation

Does anyone know how to deal with stolen packages?
« on: January 30, 2012, 01:58:43 PM »

Well, I had a package delivered on Saturday around 1pm and I guess it was my fault since I came home late at night, but I checked the tracking and it was delivered but there was nothing there. I checked everywhere in the building. I calmed down and decided that I panicked a little too early and decided to wait until today (Monday) to see if the package was actually going to be delivered a day late, etc. So just earlier I was talking to my postman and he said he left the parcel next to my mailbox on Saturday since he rang the doorbell and no one was home. Well, I guess I have a real reason to panic now since the package is basically MISSING, and I'm pretty sure someone in my building stole it. I checked with everyone and asked if they accidentally received a package (didn't straight up accuse them) and they said/claimed no. I asked my parents if they picked it up and they said no. I checked every crevice of the building.

Is there anything I can do? There was a Lava Peak in the box  Cry Cry

Has anyone dealt with this before? If so, did you ever get it back?

yoyospirit
Trade Count: (6)
The Nation

Modder

Re: Does anyone know how to deal with stolen packages?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »

Ask around if anyone saw someone actually take the box.  They might return it after finding out the item in the package was a yoyo though.

Liz
C'est la vie. ♔
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »

Ask around if anyone saw someone actually take the box.  They might return it after finding out the item in the package was a yoyo though.

I'm worried about that. I'm pretty sure if they see that the contents of the box aren't anything particularly valuable (to them) then they'll probably just toss it out. This sucks. It's the first time this ever happened too. I always hand deliver their packages to their door if the postman leaves it downstairs, why can't they do the same  Angry
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:44:27 PM by Liz » Logged
need-a-bow
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »

Aw Liz that really sucks. Maybe put up a sign near the mailbox saying reward for lost yoyo package? Most people will think its something cheap and childish and might just give it back.

AndyCandy
I love Greece!
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:35:46 PM »

Is this the routine where you live Liz? Just leave a package by the door if no one picks it up? Thats a pretty lame mailman/postal service to be honest. Here when no one is home you get a notification and you can get the package the next day from the next postoffice.

Im sorry for your loss Sad. To me it seems like that this kind of stuffs happens to you pretty often. Either you getting scammed or losing your stuff in general  tickedoff
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:37:33 PM by AndyCandy » Logged

Learning very slowly...

888alltheway
Certified Narwhal Baconer
Trade Count: (4)
The Nation

Herp the Derp

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:44:20 PM »

Hide a Video Camera so that you can see the door. Hide it inside some plants.

Deliver a fake package to yourself. Make it look expensive.

Hope that dumbbutt steals second package.

If you recognize him/her, beat the crap out of them.
AndyCandy
I love Greece!
The Nation

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »

Hide a Video Camera so that you can see the door. Hide it inside some plants.

Deliver a fake package to yourself. Make it look expensive.

Hope that dumbbutt steals second package.

If you recognize him/her, beat the crap out of them.

Not a bad idea actually (except that last part) eventhough that might be a little bit expensive to get a camera and the equipment.
888alltheway
Certified Narwhal Baconer
Trade Count: (4)
The Nation

Herp the Derp

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »

Right. The camera part might be expensive. And I don't think Liz wants to put her precious DSLR in a planter overnight. 

Kinda like this:http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=security+camera&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5992901764662379449&sa=X&ei=Tl0nT6LqL5LYiQKx9IWrAQ&ved=0CKgBEPMCMAE

Or she can get a baby-cam for cheap.
AndyCandy
I love Greece!
The Nation

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 10:28:41 PM »

I wasnt talking about her professional cam but Yeah, kinda like What you said.
vegabomb
L.J. Hurley
Trade Count: (165)
The Nation

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 12:26:06 AM »

I had a package from a BST purchase that contained eight (I think it was eight) yo-yos. Around $800.00 worth of yo-yos. The day it was set to be delivered tracking showed that indeed yes, it was delivered. I had received no package. I went to the post office and nothing there. Tracked down the delivery man and he had no memory of a delivery. I went as far as going to another house in my neighborhood with the same numeric address as my house. Nothing.

The next day my letter carrier showed early at my house with the package. He had delivered it to a similar numeric address on a different street. The people at that address recognized it as not being a package they were expecting and returned it for proper delivery.

I'm hoping something similar happens for you Liz. It truly will suck if not.

For all your yoyo ordering needs please contact the good people at yoyonation towers..

info@yoyonation.com
GunstarHero
Chuck Cescon
Trade Count: (39)
The Nation

Throw it away

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »

I had a similar instance. My mailman swore he delivered my package to my house but a few days later he told me he actually delivered it to "16" instead of "26"...eventually I received my package.

Considering there were ..what..3 Lava Peaks? I really hope you get the package back as well. I highly doubt anyone that would steal something from you...and ended up not liking the contents...would return it..

I feel for ya Liz...I hope you get your package back.

Liz
C'est la vie. ♔
The Nation

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 05:06:37 PM »

Man.. I'm not too optimistic. No word of it yet.  Cry
Liz
C'est la vie. ♔
The Nation

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »

I think it's lost for sure. Sad
Melford
Bmel On YYE & OD
Trade Count: (146)
The Nation

لأن الله معي في كل وقت

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 10:52:22 PM »

I think it's lost for sure. Sad
In person delivery is always best

Tetrahedron
CLYW Project Affiliate
Trade Count: (83)
The Nation

FG Chiefs, bro.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 12:01:45 AM »

collect 7 dragonballs and make a wish

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: