Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 01:31:05 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  YoYoNation  |  New to Yo-Yos and YoYoNation!  |  Returning to Yoyo after 20 years « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Returning to Yoyo after 20 years  (Read 909 times)
thousandlegs
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

Returning to Yoyo after 20 years
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:46:13 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Stephan Terre. I am 40 years old, male, married, and have a 5-year-old son. I learned to throw from a book (The Klutz Yoyo Book) in 1988. From 1988 to 1993, I always had a yoyo in my hand. But I didn't have anyone else to learn from, so when I hit a dead end in my practice, I gradually set aside the yoyo and focused on other things. Last May, I saw someone playing with a modern unresponsive yoyo and got hooked again.

I am amazed and delighted by all the strong players, wonderful throws, and amazing tricks people are doing these days. I look forward to learning from you all!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:26:47 PM by thousandlegs » Logged
ShaunC
Ditch Down Crew
Trade Count: (18)
The Nation

from Hell...

Re: Returning to Yoyo after 20 years
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:14:37 PM »

Welcome! War are you learning on currently?

"One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century"
thousandlegs
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »

Thanks!

This week I'm carrying around my new YYJ Chaser. I love it! I hope to post a review soonish.

My general plan is to get at least competent in all the current styles of play. I always carry something suitable for 1A, and alternate between also carrying a pair of Loop 900s and a YYJ Pinnacle (built for counterweight play). I've got a Go Big, but let's just say that I am not safe playing with that unless I have padded walls nearby!

So I have a variety of throws, mostly low-to-medium end, with a couple of more premium models. And I have to say that the quality of everything is just great these days. It's a good time to yo.
need-a-bow
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:46:59 PM »

I must say your throws are not necessarily low end. They just aren't expensive but they are all competition worthy

Trevorvor
Trade Count: (9)
The Nation

Trevor Boice

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »

You made some really smart purchases, those are all fantastic throws.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: