Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 03:18:13 PM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  YoYoNation  |  New to Yo-Yos and YoYoNation!  |  Just got my christmas money, and I am ready to start again. :) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just got my christmas money, and I am ready to start again. :)  (Read 924 times)
SquallGBlade
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

Just got my christmas money, and I am ready to start again. :)
« on: December 25, 2011, 04:13:29 AM »

A while back I had came to these forums interested in yoyoing, ect, and it was great.. until I managed to break both my raiders- both I overtightened, but one I got away with by filling the hole with glue. The one I filled with glue, I was looping too hard I suppose and the string snapped, and it shattered on the cement. Sad

Anyway- I am coming back after a quarter year or so, for some advice on my next purchase.

I have very little knowledge on the actual hardware of yoyos, so I decided to go with what seemed most popular for looping: YYF Loop 900 (Green neon)
However I also want to pick up a cheap but decent 1A yoyo as well, to try that out for a bit.

I am decent at looping. Once or twice I had a looping groove going where I thought I could go on forever but my arm got tired, but usually I would lose control.
I have never done any string tricks however, so I am asking for a good starter yoyo to practice with, hopefully under or at 20$.

TL;DR
I am moderately new to looping, and I want a new good looping yoyo, decided on YYF Loop 900, is it the best for its price(of course in your opinion)?
And
I am completely new to 1a, and I am asking your opinion on the best 20$~ 1a yoyo, so I can decide if I really like doing 1a.

Thanks for your time!
bensaddiction
The End all be all of things that never were.
Trade Count: (10)
The Nation

Re: Just got my christmas money, and I am ready to start again. :)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 04:40:20 AM »

First off I want to say you have a cool name, not to many people would get that  Afro

Secondly, I think you should go for either a yoyojam lyn fury or kickside. both are very good beginner yoyos but if you do you should look into things like bearing care and maintenance as well as binding and siliconing and things like that.

I, like you, started on a looping yoyo, a fireball. This gave me a good strong throw to learn 1A tricks.

Best of luck to you.

SquallGBlade
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »

Indeed, I love my account name, and when people comment on it I like it even more. Smiley

I will look into those two, so thanks for the info. Ill probably buy a maintenance pack like I did when I got raiders, for the string and lube.

And that's funny! I also started with a fireball from Toys-r-us! Broke it in an hour though.

Thanks!
theTopo
Trade Count: (1)
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 02:40:38 AM »

For looping the most popular current choices are the YYF Loop 900, YYJ Unleashed and of course modded Raiders. If you've already decided on the Loop 900 then it sounds like you've picked well.

For 1A  if you want to start off with a responsive throw you should consider the YYF ONE (with extra SPEC bearing) or one of the YYJ plastics such as the Pinnacle, Lyn Fury or Journey.

But since it sounds like you already know how to throw a yo-yo pretty decently you may want to try a more advanced unresponsive yo-yo. Some good cheap ones are the YYJ Legacy II (which actually also comes with an extra bearing to make it responsive) and YYF StarLite.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: