Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 01:39:48 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Buy / Sell / Trade  |  Trader Feedback  |  be wary of "Lights" « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: be wary of "Lights"  (Read 1019 times)
njd12
Trade Count: (17)
The Nation

You this read wrong.

be wary of "Lights"
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »

OK, so in my BST i said that I wanted a Ti walker. "Lights" PM'd me and said this:
Got a MIB Ti Walker  Afro Offer me a price  angel

he showed me pics and it seemed legit. i then pm'd him and said that i would be able to pay 200 dollars by monday. he then said:
Oh, i'll wait till monday so u can pay me 200$ shipped for it  angel Let me know asap

i was surprised that he would accept 200 dollars for a MIB Ti walker, but didn't think anything of it. but, i told him that i'd want him to ship it first, then i would pay, he only had 1 feedback and i have 9. here is his reply:
Yeah i know it but i'm quite afraid. But we can meet up. Where r u located ? Well, i'm a yoyo collector so i often buy yoyos :d but now i'm looking for some cash for my girlfriend's gift so i must sell one but u can trust me  angel

i wanted him to have the money for that gift, so i offered to send him however much he needed for his gift, he ships, then i send the rest. BUT WAIT. i looked more extensively at his profile. here's what i discovered:
ok, your profile looks a bit fishy. first of all, you have no posts, yet you have made a trade. secondly, the person who you supposedly made a trade with has no feedback from you. thirdly, the person who left you feedback also has no posts. and lastly, that person gave you feedback within 3 minutes of registering. i take back what i said before, send me the ti walker, and once i receive it, i'll send the money.

he hasn't responded, and i doubt he will.

i'm not saying that i know he's a scammer, he just seems fishy. he is a polite guy, and seems nice. just be wary of him and make sure you know for sure that you will not be scammed.

Everyone wants a VsNewton, or a CLYW Avalanche, or a platinum-coated, diamond-encrusted titanium with a dragon-blood lubricated leprechaun-bone bearing.
jrodriguez
Trade Count: (234)
The Nation

Re: be wary of "Lights"
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »

Lights is no longer with us. Thanks for the heads up!

Finger Lakes Yoyo Club in Ithaca, NY - PM me for details.
At least 15% of what I say is true.
AndyCandy
I love Greece!
Trade Count: (6)
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »

Thanks njd! Good catch! Glad you didnt give him money!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:23:15 PM by AndyCandy » Logged

Learning very slowly...

LinksLegionaire
«Kylε Niтгo 7hoмαsoп»
Trade Count: (63)
The Nation

A child's toy, an adult's escape.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »

Ahhh. I was just about to PM some mods about this.

He offered me a mint Chief + a mint Ti Walker for $200...

How much can u pay ? Is 200$ sound OK for both ? Let me know asap

He also asked if we could meet up (no doubt a sex predator tongue).

Just yesterday he said he said he "has some trouble with his account", messaging me from another username: 'noonedaretoplayyoyo'.

Definitely seems fishy, but I don't want to make any accusations.

The earth spins at over 1000 mph. If you didn't fall off today, quit whining.
vegabomb
L.J. Hurley
Trade Count: (165)
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »

'noonedaretoplayyoyo'.

Is now banned as well.

For all your yoyo ordering needs please contact the good people at yoyonation towers..

info@yoyonation.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: