Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 11:07:02 PM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Other Skill Toys  |  Chip Tricks « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chip Tricks  (Read 1435 times)
dade
Trade Count: (13)
The Nation

Chip Tricks
« on: October 30, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »

Anybody do chip tricks?  It's related to two things I've become interested in lately: pen spinning and a card game that apparently is forbidden to even type here - p o k e r.  This is legit, and I'd like to know if anybody does it here.
dade
The Nation

Re: Chip Tricks
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »

[youtube]H3qNMPenj40[/youtube]
yoyodude543
Artistic Nobody
Trade Count: (2)
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »

My friends and I started playing hold 'em (for fun only I don't condone gambling) and I've taken the time to learn some basic tricks. That guy was pretty insane tho.

dade
The Nation

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:11 AM »

Wait, how can you play hold em and "don't condone gambling?"  I will agree with you about the fun part, it's a new obsession of mine.  The reason I've wanted to learn some chip tricks is to understand the thinking behind them, when they're used during hands that is.
Stewie410
I can has Electronica?
Trade Count: (69)
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 12:52:55 PM »

Only thing that I can do, chip wise, is a muscle pass and the coin/chip roll.
Muscle pass is when he pops the chip up and catches it in his other hand, and the roll was the first thing.

www.soundcloud.com/j_a_a_b

My BST:  http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,106221.msg1121234.html#msg1121234

For every deal that happens, there's 20 behind it that fall through.
It's probably some aluminum/unicorn horn alloy.
yoyodude543
Artistic Nobody
The Nation

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »

Wait, how can you play hold em and "don't condone gambling?"  I will agree with you about the fun part, it's a new obsession of mine.  The reason I've wanted to learn some chip tricks is to understand the thinking behind them, when they're used during hands that is.

we never play for money. each chip is worth so many points and whoever has the most points after an hour or two (however long we decide to play) wins. i guess it could be considered "gambling" in a sense but at least my wallet isn't crying after a game.
dade
The Nation

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:24:51 PM »

we never play for money. each chip is worth so many points and whoever has the most points after an hour or two (however long we decide to play) wins. i guess it could be considered "gambling" in a sense but at least my wallet isn't crying after a game.

That's a fun (and smart) way to start out.  You probably know that playing for money is a whole other beast (even lower stakes), and it's something that shouldn't be taken lightly.  The language of the game is amazing, one of which I'm still excited to study and plan on continuing to do so for a long time.

P.S.:

[youtube]92ULm9ymLPc[/youtube]

I actually really like this kids tuts.  This one's pretty simple and fun.
yoyodude543
Artistic Nobody
The Nation

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 10:50:33 PM »

yea. i have family members that had gambling problems so i have seen first hand how bad it can get and i have no plans to put my family through that. its a fun game and when there's nothing at risk you really sit there and enjoy a fun game with friends.
888alltheway
Certified Narwhal Baconer
Trade Count: (4)
The Nation

Herp the Derp

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 03:33:23 AM »

Whoa, chip tricks are awesome.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: