Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 03:22:30 PM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  YoYoNation  |  New to Yo-Yos and YoYoNation!  |  Where do you put the loop on your finger? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do you put the loop on your finger?  (Read 1646 times)
Chid0ri12
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

Where do you put the loop on your finger?
« on: October 20, 2011, 07:20:25 PM »

I don't know where you're supposed to put it, until now I've been putting it on the back (near the knuckle) of my finger but apperently theres a better way
Sideswipe
Failbot?
Trade Count: (6)
The Nation

Rob

Re: Where do you put the loop on your finger?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 07:23:03 PM »

It's all in preference IMO. I put mine in between the 1st and 2nd knuckle.

Chid0ri12
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »

oh ok so if I put the string all the way at the back it wont make a difference
Sanchez202
The Nation

Team YoYoSam

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:34:14 PM »

I put mine on the base of my index finger. I put it there I don't have to worry about the loop coming off my finger, and because that's my finger that has the most meat on it.
NKessler
Trade Count: (13)
The Nation

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »

You can put the loop anywhere you want as long as you're able to do what you want with it there.  There are certain places that are more painful during long play sessions, but I've seen people use every finger but their pinkies and thumbs with great success.  I use the area between the 1st and 2nd knuckle on my middle finger like everyone else, but I used to use the base of my middle finger.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 11:16:58 PM by NKessler » Logged

Chid0ri12
The Nation

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »

You can put the look anywhere you want as long as you're able to do what you want with it there.  There are certain places that are more painful during long play sessions, but I've seen people use every finger but their pinkies and thumbs with great success.  I use the area between the 1st and 2nd knuckle on my middle finger like everyone else, but I used to use the base of my middle finger.

Thanks I have now switched to putting it between my 1st and 2nd knuckle it feels very comfortable
Sideswipe
Failbot?
Trade Count: (6)
The Nation

Rob

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 08:43:47 PM »

You can put the look anywhere you want as long as you're able to do what you want with it there.  There are certain places that are more painful during long play sessions, but I've seen people use every finger but their pinkies and thumbs with great success.  I use the area between the 1st and 2nd knuckle on my middle finger like everyone else, but I used to use the base of my middle finger.

Thanks I have now switched to putting it between my 1st and 2nd knuckle it feels very comfortable

That's where it's most comfortable for me as well.
NKessler
Trade Count: (13)
The Nation

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »

That's where it's most comfortable for me as well.

Agreed, but definitely don't feel pressured to put it anywhere in specific.  Just do whatever feels best for you.  there are some GREAT players out there who put the loop on their index finger, the base of their middle finger, and even at the base of their ring finger.  One guy doesn't even have a left hand and he plays just as well as I can!

In the end, yoyoing all comes down to preference.  Your yoyo, your bearing, your string, your other accessories, your tricks, your movements, and your style are all up to you.  The options are nearly unlimited, so just fool around for a while and find what works best for you!
cameronjp
What's up?
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 12:42:17 AM »

i use the base of my middle finger, and when it starts to hurt after a while of play, i transfer it to my second knuckle, like.. on it haha

Pivit
Matt McDade
Trade Count: (4)
The Nation

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 02:42:06 PM »

I put it out my middle finger between my first and second knuckle but closer to my second knuckle.
hiltonking
The Nation

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:42 AM »

There's a guy on some videos, and he's pretty good, and he puts it on the tip of his index finger.  Just try different positions.  See which works best for you.

I've always put the loop at the base of my middle finger.  Then I started getting the feeling that was wrong.  Then I got the feeling that I didn't care.  Sometimes I move the string up to the middle knuckle for variety.

My longest post, I think.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: