Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 03:19:13 PM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  YoYoNation  |  New to Yo-Yos and YoYoNation!  |  getting back into yoyo'ng, unresponsive yoyo's are new to me « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: getting back into yoyo'ng, unresponsive yoyo's are new to me  (Read 1625 times)
james2011
Trade Count: (0)
The Nation

getting back into yoyo'ng, unresponsive yoyo's are new to me
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:59:26 PM »

Hey just thought i'd say hi and introduce myself here.

I saw a news story about general yo, found out ernie was local and I picked up one of his new models today for my first yo-yo in years.

This forum was reccomended as well as yoyoexpert videos. Was introduced to the basics of the new style.

I if you guys have anything a newbie to the hobby can utilize please post it hah
Thanks guys.
MattB
Homebrew Affiliate.
Trade Count: (3)
The Nation

Re: getting back into yoyo'ng, unresponsive yoyo's are new to me
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »

It can be challenging at times, but the cool thing is just yoyoing helps you improve.  Rewards come from keeping at it.  A good straight throw is a nice thing to have and more valuable than it may appear at first.  Learning how to bind and getting a feel for it can help avoid the snags and metal flying at your head.

(clickable)
Yo-duh
Noted Notary Public
Trade Count: (7)
The Nation

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »

Ernie rocks, as do his yo-yos.  Afro

There are only two things you should know about yo-yoing.
1) Practice, practice, practice.
2) Fun, fun, fun.

Without either of those, it's pretty pointless.

The Torture Never Stops
Sideswipe
Failbot?
Trade Count: (6)
The Nation

Rob

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 02:00:53 PM »

Just throw. That's the best advice. To learn new stuff, I use online resources such as highspeedyoyo, YYNs youtube channel, YYE youtube videos, and other players tutorials. It'll come to you quick, I'm sure. It came back to me fairly quick when I first got back into it. You've got a GREAT yoyo to play with to, all of Ernie's products are TOP NOTCH.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: