Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Attention New Yo-Yo'ers! In Honor of George Kowalsky...  (Read 92583 times)

AndyCandy

• I love Greece!
  • The Nation
Re: Attention New Yo-Yo'ers!
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
hi, im yoyoing about 4 or 5 months, live in europe, in Netherland. not much people yoyo in the Netherlands. i reallly like yoyoing. i can do tricks like skin the gerbil, black hops cheese whip and re-cycle etc etc. my best friend yoyo too, he is i think as good as me. have much fun in yoyoing. practice hard.
don't have much yoyo's. got a g5 darkmagic 2 protostar and bought yuuksta. i can do much binds.
it's really nice that you do this, thanks!
if you want my adress just contact me and say you email.
No offense here but in my oppinion you have really great yoyos and dont need more ;)
Learning very slowly...

DeathTripp

• The Nation
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 12:38:03 PM »
    I used to yoyo when I was a kid, but of course like many other I could only do the basic tricks like loops, walk the dog, and rock the cradle. I remember I had a Tornado by Dave Oliver (pretty good for it's time) back when i was maybe 8, somehow that yoyo was lost through the cracks of time. Years later when I was 13 I decided it was time to buy another Tornado. I actually found the website I ordered from when i was 8 (must have been 1998) 5 years later and ordered another Tornado. I never got trapeze and I lost that Tornado. A few years later when I was around 16 somehow I decided it was time to get a "good" yoyo.

Back then though 6 or so years ago there wasn't really such a thing as a cheap metal yoyo or "value" metal throw, so I bought a Custom reactor for around $30. I didn't even know there was a different kind of yo-yo'ing than 1a and 2a. The reactor was small so I got frustrated with trapeze and was unable to throw any more. I would play with it every so often, but nothing special.

So about a month or so -- not even 2 months -- ago maybe I was looking through my drawer when I saw the shiney, round toy. I took it out and started to play with it. I landed a trapeze and I knew it was finally on. I needed a bigger/better yoyo so I went down to Toys'R'Us and picked up a Duncan metal drifter. S'what I've been mainly throwing. A few of us here at YYN organized a meet in Houston last month but I couldn't even complete split the atom at that time. I'm still learning but now I can do split the atom, barrel rolls, eli hops (not even close to perfection), the zipper, dizzy baby, a few 5a tricks like nunchuck, and of course some other tricks. I don't plan to stop any time soon. It really has been a journey learning about all the different styles of play, mods, and just the science part of it all. Well, that's my story man. Cool to see everyone else's here too. What's yours?
Throw like there's no tommorow.. oh wait there is.

LinksLegionaire

• «Kylε Niтгo 7hoмαsoп»
  • The Nation
  • A child's toy, an adult's escape.
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »
hi, im yoyoing about 4 or 5 months, live in europe, in Netherland. not much people yoyo in the Netherlands. i reallly like yoyoing. i can do tricks like skin the gerbil, black hops cheese whip and re-cycle etc etc. my best friend yoyo too, he is i think as good as me. have much fun in yoyoing. practice hard.
don't have much yoyo's. got a g5 darkmagic 2 protostar and bought yuuksta. i can do much binds.
it's really nice that you do this, thanks!
if you want my adress just contact me and say you email.
No offense here but in my oppinion you have really great yoyos and dont need more ;)
The earth spins at over 1000 mph. If you didn't fall off today, quit whining.

ZEKE

• The Nation
  • no. the concept of "walk the dog" eludes me...
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »

Zeke: have your friend message me!

thanks! i passed this post on to him and he says he sent you a message.

youre doing a really great thing here, it's people like you that make the yoyo community an awesome place. i remember when i started and everyone was supportive and helpful, it made me want to be a part of the awesomeness. keep doing what you do.
if i Bought, Sold, or Traded something with you, leave me feedback please
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php?action=trader&id=3881

www.exoticanimalforums.com <an awesome animal forum, go there

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 01:50:44 PM »
I need everyone to PM me their shipping addresses, please! I'm getting the yo-yo's together and figuring out what goes to whom, and I also need to forward the addresses to Dade so he can send the ones he's sending. If you've already sent it, you don't have to send it again. Hopefully I'll have everything in the mail by the weekend, since I'm off work on Friday!
"One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century"

GREEN TRA1N

• The Nation
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »
Im the noob that ZEKE was talking about, the story is pretty much just how he told it, he started to yoyo and it looked really fun and interesting so i tried to get into it myself, but at the time i didn't have much patience so i quit early and gave my yoyo to a friend who was also just starting to yoyo.  now that i look back at it though, i really wish i had taken the time to learn, its always looked like it would be a really cool thing to learn to do, and i should have expected it to be hard, i think ill be more prepared this time to practice and practice and practice until i can get it.  i would really appreciate any help i can get and i think it's awesome what you're doing here. thanks.

Jean3boi

• The Nation
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2011, 11:01:15 PM »
Hey there! my name's Jean im kinda new to the forum. but ive been yoyoing for at least 2 years. at first started with a fast 201 but then got much more unresponsive yoyos but i got them too early cuz i didnt know what the hell i was doin. after that i kinda grew away from yoyoing for a while for at least a year so after that i started yoyoing again and got better little by little.right now the best yoyo i've gotten up to is my blue yoyofactory protostar (the only yoyo i have with only 1 dent in it XD) i can only get yoyos on special oocasions and when visit the states cuz im canasian (canadian+asian)

Pbpredator

• The Nation
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 06:52:16 AM »
I need everyone to PM me their shipping addresses, please! I'm getting the yo-yo's together and figuring out what goes to whom, and I also need to forward the addresses to Dade so he can send the ones he's sending. If you've already sent it, you don't have to send it again. Hopefully I'll have everything in the mail by the weekend, since I'm off work on Friday!

:D I'm so excited cant wait to use a decent yoyo! Thank you guys for being so awesome and doing this to help us newbies out! You are great!

LSM GREEN

• The Nation
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
Hey Shaun you are a very generous man! well ive really wanted to pick up yo-yoing but i dont have anything to do it with untill my friend came over and found my old yo yo. i thought my yo yo was cheap and worth less but he said it was actually pretty good so he gave me some string and i've been messing around with it for about a week and i really like it. its a great thing to keep me entertained. its a fast 201, im not sre if thats recognizable but it has a star burst thing. im just using some old cotton strings that are frayign a bit

Pbpredator

• The Nation
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
Any updates shaun? hope all is well...

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 07:55:16 PM »
I'll be mailing stuff tomorrow hopefully!

Pbpredator

• The Nation
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2011, 08:37:28 AM »
Are you gonna give us any details of what we are receiving or will it be a complete surprise?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:38:22 AM by Pbpredator »

Pbpredator

• The Nation
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »
:P I feel like I'm being a hassle :X but was wondering if everything worked out? or shipped or what ever? should we be expecting packages? or did something come up?

Shadric

• The Nation
  • Hey! Name's Rashad, call me shad for short :)
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
Hey, my names Rashad, call me Shad for short :) i have been throwing for a little under 3 months now. i am currently using a Duncan Metal Zero (i LOOOVE my metal zero!) and a yyj black knight. i got into yo yo because of my grandmother who i lost in january, she always wanted me to get a fun hobby, and since her passing it has become much more than a hobby :) Besides my grandmother, i have to thank Adam Brewster for inspiring me to work and practice harder! He came in to the toy store where i work and he is one of the greatest people i have ever met! He is such a nice guy!

I cant wait to meet people in this community! everyone that i have met so far are such nice people!
i may freeze on the last days of summer time.

dade

• The Nation
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
What tricks have you just figured out?  And what kind of tricks are you guys working on?  This might help decide which yoyo would be best for you!

I just figured out heavy flow, which isn't as hard as I originally thought!  But I've been stuck on infinity for a while.  I understand the trick, and can do it, just not smoothly at all.  Gotta keep working on it.

Shadric

• The Nation
  • Hey! Name's Rashad, call me shad for short :)
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 02:02:50 PM »
im working on a couple tricks right now :) im working on the zipper and white Buddha...i think, the one that's just the one and a half variations haha, oh and boingy boing and rewind!  ;D if anyone knows some other tricks i can try out let me know :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:14:39 PM by Shadric »
i may freeze on the last days of summer time.

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 02:26:28 PM »
A few went out this week and I'll send a few more out next week. Sorry i'm a little slow in shipping stuff out guys...work has been kicking my butt this week!

tamashii_00

• The Nation
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2011, 08:50:38 AM »
I'm new to the forum, but I'd like to share my background.

My first exposure to professional yo-yoing was from a Nickelodeon commercial of a guy doing a quadruple or nothing. I dismissed it as something I'd never be able to do. I moved from Ohio to Maryland and met a friend who used to yo-yo in 5th grade. I went to his house and he let me use his YYF Grind Machine. Since it was unresponsive I of course knew nothing about binds, so I couldn't return that yo-yo to my hand. A couple years later, another one of my friends offered me to sell me his Duncan Freehand Zero, and then I became hooked. I widened the gap so it'd be unresponsive. My friend with the Grind machine came to school with a YYJ Speeder and i knew how to bind so i tried his yo-yo. I have been stuck with this FHZ and I can do basic beginner to intermediate tricks like Man on the Flying Trapeze, Double or Nothing, Man on the Flying Trapeze and his Brother slack, plastic whip, brain twister, and im trying to learn more intensive string tricks that go from these mounts. I've also wanted to get into off-string yo-yoing later on when im good at 1A style yo-yo tricks. I dont get most of these tricks with consistant performance.

dade

• The Nation
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »
I dont get most of these tricks with consistant performance.

First off, welcome!  This is a great place to learn and meet kids who yo-yo just like you!

Just keep at it man!  I've been yo-yoing for a while now, and I'm really surprised at how consistently I can land some tricks.  Like in the beginning, I thought I'd never land Kwijibo consistently, but I just practiced hard, and my muscle memory picked up on a few tricks over time.  You're at that important stage where a lot of people kind of drop out, but believe me, it's well worth working at it.  You'll be doing advance tricks in no time!

tamashii_00

• The Nation
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »
Thanks! Yo-yoing to me isn't that difficult where I would want to drop out, but it can have its difficulties where I would get aggravated, but I would keep working on my tricks until i could get them more often.