Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Attention New Yo-Yo'ers! In Honor of George Kowalsky...  (Read 91362 times)

Astronomicat

• The Nation
Re: Attention New Yo-Yo'ers! In Honor of George Kowalsky...
« Reply #200 on: February 13, 2012, 06:04:43 PM »
This is a great cause. I'm relatively new to yoyo-ing.I've been doing it for years, but I never really got into it until now. I currently using a yyf One, which is quite the upgrade from the duncan butterly I was using before. If you want to give me free stuff, I will gladly accept.

yoyomachine4

• The Nation
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2012, 03:56:50 AM »
This is probably a bit late but here we go... I was walking in a very unfamiliar city in michigan about 3 months ago when obese staying with my aunt. So I am walking down the streets and see a little toy store on a corner in the town. I walk in and it is completely dormant except for one person at the counter reading a magazine. I go down the first aisle and there it is! A yellow/goldish Duncan Metal Drifter just staring at me! I grab it and see the cheap price and immediately go buy it. I had only played with a little Imperial before so I partly knew what I was doing. I threw it down and tried to get it back up but it would not come. I thought to myself this yoyo is way more different than a Imperial. I ran back to my aunts house and started watching as many yoyo videos as I could trying to learn my way through yoyoing. Lets just say I immediately got hooked! From that day on I have always had that yoyo in my pocket. Just 5 days ago I was performing a Brain Twister with the ratty string and the yoyo flew off and my hit wooden floors hard! I was scared to pick it up but when I finally did it was a terrible sight. My axle had cracked and now it is unplayable. During that time I added a POPStar to my collection but it is too light for my liking. My arsenal right now is a POPStar and my broken Metal Drifter. Please help!!!
Arsenal: 1.YYF POPStar
               2.Duncan Metal Drifter (Modded)
               3.YYF Grind Machine

yobrandon

• Manufacturer
  • The Nation
  • Duncan Crew Worldwide
    • Yo-Yo.com
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2012, 11:01:03 AM »
broken Metal Drifter. Please help!!!

Shoot an email to brandon@yo-yo.com and I'll send you a new axle for that metal drifter.

vegabomb

• L.J. Hurley
  • Your friendly Admin!
  • The Nation
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »
broken Metal Drifter. Please help!!!

Shoot an email to brandon@yo-yo.com and I'll send you a new axle for that metal drifter.

Great customer service from Duncan as always.  :)

Thanks Brandon.
For all your yoyo ordering needs please contact the good people at yoyonation towers..

info@yoyonation.com

tyguy7890

• The Nation
« Reply #204 on: March 31, 2012, 07:56:01 AM »
my story of yoyoing starts off at last year. i was walking around a mall and walked into a store called earthbounds and they had some cheep 2 dollar yoyos that were on a wooden axel and lit up. they looked cool and i picked it up and was throwing it all night! i loved it so i decided to go to toys r us and pick up a duncan dragonfly because it had a ball bearing! i learned all the beginer tricks and intermediate till i got to split the atom. i couldnt do the mount and i gave up for about a year. and about a month ago i found my dragonfly laying on the ground and picked it up and started playong with it again. my friend at school saw me yoyoing and he had some of his own to. so he gave me a dv888 for 20 bucks and man i am so greatful for that. if it wasnt for him i wouldnt being yoyoing today. i have learned all the beginner intermediate and advanced tricks and am looking to move on to expert! my school loves me so much for yoyoing i am in there talent show! so im really excited! and thats my yoyoing story.

tamashii_00

• The Nation
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »
I thank this thread for hooking me up with a yo-yo to start my friend into yo-yoing a while ago.

I met some guy when I walked to this friends house who sold me a YYF 2.0 for only $30, near mint (2 flat marks) so I was happy :D

I learned a ton of new tricks from last summer to now, and I'm glad I had a good start in this hobby.

GreatBazunka

• The Nation
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2012, 01:32:40 PM »
Well, i guess i will throw (no pun intended) my story into the ring. I have been yoing on and off for a while, but nothing serious. Mainly i could only do some loops with a duncan imperial which i have had for a while. Then i got a fireball knock off for christmas one year. Then i forgot the hobby for a while. But within the last month or two dusted everything off and started really learing some tricks. Since i have always been fond of 1A stuff that is where i started. I went out and bought a Duncan Metal Drifter and have been learning a bunch of intermediate tricks. But my passion tempts me further into the hobby. I am constantly looking at different models online and wanting to explore different styles. I also like freehand and offstring play but am focusing on using my Metal Drifter Right now. It would be awesome to have something different to throw and learn with, to round out my skills.

themetal

• The Nation
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2012, 08:43:43 AM »
i've been yoyoing for about two and a half years off and on.i really wanted to get into it but all  get as yoys are cheapo's from friends and recently had to sell most of my set.All ive got now is a dilapadated grind machine due to family troubles and having to pay bills and do alot of stuff for the family a new throw would be awesome.
Nothing is true,yo-yo is permitted

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2012, 07:43:42 PM »
Hey everybody! I'm sorry there's been such a long hiatus with this project. Between work, planning a wedding, buying a house, and YYN shutting down a couple of times, it just got put on hold. But Landon reminded me of it again, and he's been kind enough to donate to the cause, so between that and a few yoyos I've still got sitting around, we're gonna get this thing going again! So let's hear from you guys, and I'll get some yoyos to some people that need them!
"One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century"