Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Attention New Yo-Yo'ers! In Honor of George Kowalsky...  (Read 91846 times)

cubemaster21

• just another guy on this big ole forum.
  • The Nation
Re: Attention New Yo-Yo'ers!
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »
well, first of all let me state this: i have a habit that when i find something that i think is cool, i engulf myself in it eventually excel in it. this was evident in my hobbies of rubik's cubes and duct tape. my very first yoyo was a duncan professional that i found one day while i was cleaning around my house; i had already heard of doing yoyo tricks before and didn't think much of it. so i brought it to school, like i do with most other things i find are cool,  and one of my friends said that he had a yoyo. so eventually i got him to trade it for a sandwhich. i know that sounds weird, but it's true. the yoyo i got from him was a FAST 201 that was red. i broke the string the first day.... then i got a couple strings off ebay and used those. then i got one of my close friends into yoyos too and he got a FHZ and he gave me one of his counterweights, then he lost his bearing and stopped after that. so for christmas last year, my mom bought me a metal drifter and i thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. i try to learn new tricks as much as i can but sometimes it just doesn't work because of some limitations i have. i usually practice in school but today, for the first time, i got yelled at for yoyoing in the hallway. the funny part is that when people see me at school, they shout "HEY! YOYO GUY!"

Maybe he cant finish his shop assignment because his dog ate his Bridgeport.

Hollandyo

• cthulhu fhtagn
  • The Nation
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »
This is great! I'm glad you're doing this it's great for the community!
esotericorderofvegon.tumblr.com

notjusttheordinary

• The Nation
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 08:48:29 AM »
Hey shaun, i am new to yo- yoing and other than in my childhood, trying to do rock thr craddle and wlak the dog...that's about my extent of it. Last year i saw a tournament at redondo beach and was BLOWN AWAY by the amazing talent and range of ages and people yo yo-ing! wow. so Now I am cooordinating a School fund raiser for my daughters school , 7th grade, and i have a whole range of talents form live bands to dancers. i thought yesterday that i would be GReat to have some Yo-yo demonstration at it as well and show people the awesomeness of it. So i posted something and have so far...one girl who has been doing it for 3 yrs. She wants to come out to do a demostration. She also said that she didn't have that many so , while she is willing to show people how to do  yo yo-ing as well she probably wouldn't have enough to pass around.
So!!!! it would be more than great IF you would be willing to donate your yo-yos to our festival, we can have them for kids and adults to play with and! than to give away at the end of the day, (also my daughter has been bugging me about getting one since like...yesterday. but honestly i cannot afford, being a single mom.) so...here is the website, so that you can get more info: www.wix.com/notjusttheordinary/santarosaspringfestival

You can email me directly here as well: notjustthtordinary@att.net

I would love to have whatever yo yo's you are willing to donate. you can send them directly to the school address(on website and here:) 3838 Eagle Rock Blvd l.a., ca 90065 Santa Rosa Charter Academy and attention it to me:
Mary Cheung
Thank you sooo much, i hope to hear from you

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 01:57:20 PM »
Hey shaun, i am new to yo- yoing and other than in my childhood, trying to do rock thr craddle and wlak the dog...that's about my extent of it. Last year i saw a tournament at redondo beach and was BLOWN AWAY by the amazing talent and range of ages and people yo yo-ing! wow. so Now I am cooordinating a School fund raiser for my daughters school , 7th grade, and i have a whole range of talents form live bands to dancers. i thought yesterday that i would be GReat to have some Yo-yo demonstration at it as well and show people the awesomeness of it. So i posted something and have so far...one girl who has been doing it for 3 yrs. She wants to come out to do a demostration. She also said that she didn't have that many so , while she is willing to show people how to do  yo yo-ing as well she probably wouldn't have enough to pass around.
So!!!! it would be more than great IF you would be willing to donate your yo-yos to our festival, we can have them for kids and adults to play with and! than to give away at the end of the day, (also my daughter has been bugging me about getting one since like...yesterday. but honestly i cannot afford, being a single mom.) so...here is the website, so that you can get more info: www.wix.com/notjusttheordinary/santarosaspringfestival

You can email me directly here as well: notjustthtordinary@att.net

I would love to have whatever yo yo's you are willing to donate. you can send them directly to the school address(on website and here:) 3838 Eagle Rock Blvd l.a., ca 90065 Santa Rosa Charter Academy and attention it to me:
Mary Cheung
Thank you sooo much, i hope to hear from you

This is great! Ill be contacting you soon!
"One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century"

Pbpredator

• The Nation
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »
update* siliconed my dash and cleaned the bearing. completely unresponsive now :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 02:10:22 PM by Pbpredator »

wolfman

• Vengful Vegan
  • The Nation
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 02:07:52 PM »
Glad to see tihs is going well, it seemed like it took a while to get things rolling, I guess no one wanted to be that first post.  Awesome work ShaunC!

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 02:09:49 PM »
Glad to see tihs is going well, it seemed like it took a while to get things rolling, I guess no one wanted to be that first post.  Awesome work ShaunC!

Thanks dude! And thank you to everybody else that's commented in this thread.

Also, a huge thank you to Dade! He's donating a bunch of yo-yo's as well! He's an awesome guy!

tkdlaxer

• I love throwing, keeps the hands busy, but lets the mind wander
  • The Nation
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 07:35:12 PM »
First off I want to thank you for doing this Shaun, this is a great thing. I referred one of my friends that has been drooling to start throwing, but unable to afford to get into it (we're in college=broke.) to this thread. Hopefully he stops by.

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »
First off I want to thank you for doing this Shaun, this is a great thing. I referred one of my friends that has been drooling to start throwing, but unable to afford to get into it (we're in college=broke.) to this thread. Hopefully he stops by.

Thanks TK! Make sure he stops by...we'll take care of him!

Guys, I'm sorry I've not been around this week...it's been a crazy work week. I'm out of town all weekend, so I won't be on much, but early next week I'll be sure to get everything organized and shipped. Everyone that's responded will be getting something! All I ask is that you spread the love and try to get someone else into yo-yo'ing. Thanks!

Quick

• The Nation
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 11:30:06 PM »
Outstanding! What a community minded thing to do.

I have a possible suggestion :). What about putting them out in rotation? Send them out as a free loaner for a couple of months or some period of time and the recipient sends it back. Maybe a lot more people get a chance to see if yo-yoing is something they would like to pursue or people get a chance to experience different yo-yos they might not otherwise. Not sure if that would work or how.

LinksLegionaire

• «Kylε Niтгo 7hoмαsoп»
  • The Nation
  • A child's toy, an adult's escape.
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »
Not to sound greedy or attention-grabbing.

But it seems as though I was looked over on the first page.

It-a made-a me a sad :'(
The earth spins at over 1000 mph. If you didn't fall off today, quit whining.

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 10:33:31 PM »

My bad dude! Totally didn't mean to. Sometimes I check the forum from work on my phone and forget to respond later when I'm home. I'll keep you on the list for sure, but since you're already using a Genesis, I'm gonna get some of these out to people who could use it a little more. The stuff I've got would totally be a step down from your Genesis anyway  :)

LinksLegionaire

• «Kylε Niтгo 7hoмαsoп»
  • The Nation
  • A child's toy, an adult's escape.
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 11:48:45 PM »
Haha it's all good.

These peeps need anything you've got more than me  ;D

Keep up the awesome work.  O0
The earth spins at over 1000 mph. If you didn't fall off today, quit whining.

cubemaster21

• The Nation
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 11:18:10 AM »

yeah, same thing here.

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 05:11:10 PM »

yeah, same thing here.

What do you mean? I'm confused. I responded to you on the first page.

cubemaster21

• The Nation
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »

yeah, same thing here.
but on the second page, i posted the story that you asked for.

What do you mean? I'm confused. I responded to you on the first page.

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 05:22:40 PM »
Yes, you did. And you'll notice later I apologized to everyone for not being around much, said I'd be around after the weekend, and that everyone who had responded would be getting something.

Evidently, even though I'm giving things away, people are still not going to be happy. I guess I can't win...

cubemaster21

• The Nation
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »
oh, sorry. i don't mean to be a burden. i must've just missed that part. as for the winning part, charlie sheen can give you a few free pointers. lol, jk. you're doing a great thing for everyone and i just want to thank you for this.

Pbpredator

• The Nation
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
:o I'm very thankful it will help me a lot... just moved to where I live now and dont have a job yet so no cash so a decent throw would be amazing. You are winning ShaunC i would like to do something similar once i get a decent amount of yoyo's. I'm already getting my girlfriends brother throwing decent. Cant wait to learn some new tricks on a better yoyo

jason

• The Nation
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »
hi, im yoyoing about 4 or 5 months, live in europe, in Netherland. not much people yoyo in the Netherlands. i reallly like yoyoing. i can do tricks like skin the gerbil, black hops cheese whip and re-cycle etc etc. my best friend yoyo too, he is i think as good as me. have much fun in yoyoing. practice hard.
don't have much yoyo's. got a g5 darkmagic 2 protostar and bought yuuksta. i can do much binds.
it's really nice that you do this, thanks!
if you want my adress just contact me and say you email.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:18:15 PM by jason »
YoYoFactory(YYF)  FTW!  <3