Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 3YO3 Bassline - Ugly Yo-Yo, Boring Name  (Read 8749 times)

kanahmal

• Bandalorian Bounty Hunter
  • The Nation
Re: 3YO3 Bassline - Ugly Yo-Yo, Boring Name
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 05:22:45 AM »
The Bassline is tied for my favorite yoyo, and it is my girlfriend's favorite yoyo. Problem. So I guess I'm gonna have to get her a silver one when I get the money. Problem. I want a silver one too. I may end up with 3 Basslines.
give her the one you share and buy a silver for yourself  :coolsmiley:
Problem is we both want silver, and as masterful as I am, it'd be really hard for me to angle my way back into our bed after buying something she wanted for myself.

oyoyoy

• The Nation
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »
I honestly think the Bassline has come the closest to reaching the standard set by the Torrent moreso than any other yoyo that has been released. And I'm not talking necessarily in terms of smoothness, but more in terms of refinement, restraint and balance.

giovinolo

• throwing 24/7 (i wish)
  • The Nation
  • Werrd and OD=main love
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 07:37:53 PM »
"IN CONCLUSION BUY 2, TELL YOUR FRIENDS, TELL YOUR WIFE, AND TELL YOUR HUSBAND BECAUSE THEY ARE ON SALE SOMEWHERE..."
Lol new Sig great review
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 07:38:11 PM by giovinolo »

kanahmal

• Bandalorian Bounty Hunter
  • The Nation
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »
I honestly think the Bassline has come the closest to reaching the standard set by the Torrent moreso than any other yoyo that has been released. And I'm not talking necessarily in terms of smoothness, but more in terms of refinement, restraint and balance.
It's likely because the guy who made the Torrent had a hand in refining the design of the Bassline.

glassyo

• The Nation
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »
The bassline is my favorite yo-yo. I own an ILYY 2WEI pre-pro, a Nickel Code1, and a 54. I've had a yfactor, and tried the Torrent2, Essence and Hatrick. I also have thrown bunch of other yo-yos that I have tried out at the YYE offices. So far my dinged up, anodization-flawed red bassline is my #1 favorite yo-yo. (I actually go back and forth between my bassline and code1, but the bassline is definitely my favorite butterfly shaped yo-yo at this point in time).

kretzschmar

• The Nation
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 08:33:49 AM »
This review was one of the most effective in getting me to buy a yoyo back in the day.  Try a Bassline if you can.

jazooka

• The Nation
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »
This review was one of the most effective in getting me to buy a yoyo back in the day.  Try a Bassline if you can.
If it's what you're into, the Side Effect sequel is still available in some place(s).

Also, I wonder if I'm the only one who reads this and finds it in some way eerily similar to the Markmont Classic review video? Doubly so since the MC shape could be considered a modernized version of the Bassline as far as the shape goes.