Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: General Hip-Hop Discussion! Share your favorite artists, albums and songs!  (Read 15088 times)

broyo13

• The Nation
Lately ive been listening to Mac Miller and Chiddy Bang a lot.  Both great!

Im not a huge rap fan, but Ill give it to Kid Cudi (Scott Mescudi) that his two albums are some of the best out there.  Hip-hop is the main theme, but his music is more of a blend of lots of stuff.  There's some great guitar, piano, and samples from other songs.  And lots of singing!

If youve not heard his stuff yet, give it a shot, there will be something there you like.  The story he tells in both of his albums is pretty epic.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:54:19 AM by broyo13 »

Rehlax

• Just call me Noah.
  • The Nation
  • Gamertag : x M a f i a a a
Re: Anyone listening to Kid Cudi's new album?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 12:50:50 PM »
I don't see what the big deal is about him, I prefer rappers such as Dumbfoundead and stuffs :L.

Anyways, I think I'll go check out a song later... maybe.

CaliBuddha

• The Nation
  • C3uddha
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 02:38:11 PM »
I've listened to it a few times. Some good stuff on there. My fav. Song on the first CD is Hyerr feat. Chip da Ripper

Have you stripped or lost your axle? PM me. I have brand new replacement axles for just about any newer metal yoyo for $2.50 shipped.

broyo13

• The Nation
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 06:35:58 AM »
Yeah thats a good song.

For me I dont think hes the most talented rapper, but hes definitely a nice change of pace.

Melford

• Bmel On YYE & OD
  • The Nation
  • Anodizer
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »
i only like a few of his songs, cudi zone, escape

Azn

• The Nation
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 01:29:28 AM »
I don't see what the big deal is about him, I prefer rappers such as Dumbfoundead and stuffs :L.

Anyways, I think I'll go check out a song later... maybe.

Haha I love Dumb.

Kid Cudi aint bad though! I have his album
"Happiness is a form of courage."

Azn's Yoyo Shop: http://goo.gl/DnW1s

JoeBadass

• Stephen Fuentes
  • The Nation
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:48 AM »
I was waiting for a thread to pop out about this. I'm lovin' this new album.  O0

matt M

• The Nation
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »
I think its pretty great, but March 8th will be the revolution!
Check it out! SuperNova Lite, 54, MMN, 15 other throws! http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,101601.0.html

Trevorvor

• The Nation
  • Trevor Boice
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
Eh, I feel like Cudi has sub par rhymes, put his songs in general are pretty awesome.

CaliBuddha

• The Nation
  • C3uddha
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 05:11:05 PM »
I tell you I'm really lovin the new Kanye album... Sick stuff going on w/ it. So Appalled w/ Swizz Beatz is my favorite song on there.

Have you stripped or lost your axle? PM me. I have brand new replacement axles for just about any newer metal yoyo for $2.50 shipped.

gee_

• The Nation
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 09:15:27 AM »
not feeling the new album as much as man on the moon.

broyo13

• The Nation
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 09:51:55 AM »
Yeah the new Kanye album is good.  I kinda hate him because hes such a...well you know.  But thats also what makes him interesting, but good album.

Ill think Ill change this thread to just like general hip-hop discussion.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:54:43 AM by broyo13 »

TheMista

• The Nation
  • Onedrop Mafia
Re: General Hip-Hop Discussion! Share your favorite artists, albums and songs!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »
Eminem has some raw lyrics which is awesome.

Kanye has okay lyrics and sick beats autotunes some songs, doesn't with others.

Drake has a sick --- beat and nice lyrics but he autotunes

Lil' Wayne sounds like a little ------- girl I mean look at the song below, and tell me he doesn't have the highest mother ------- voice ever, maybe the autotune is giving him throat cancer...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5Dxtq4r0A[/youtube]

and, this is pretty kick ---

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW0BdnArNrw[/youtube]*
*language
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:00:10 PM by TheMista »
Onedrop for life!

Signature Maker

matt M

• The Nation
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 04:49:10 PM »
I want to kill Lil Wayne. In my mind, he isnt hip hop. Hes talk about drugs and women to a beat.
Check it out! SuperNova Lite, 54, MMN, 15 other throws! http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,101601.0.html

beatboxer2013

• Thomas Pierson
  • The Nation
  • Werrd?
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 05:25:43 PM »
lil wayne doesn't have a high voice? eminem's beast and kanye's awesome

broyo13

• The Nation
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
Eminem has raw talent, and for a while he was all I listened to.  Then I met a kid, who always tells me about great rappers and songs and mixes beats.  Basically he knows as much as anyone about rap, and got me into it.  I asked him who his favorite rapper was, and he said LIL WAYNE.  I was almost laughing, but he sent me a bunch of stuff and now, I almost agree.

Lyrically, some of Waynes stuff is ridiculous.  Ridiculously great.  If your a member of Datpiff.com, a legal mixtape site, I suggest you download Best of So Far: Lil Wayne.  Its a compilation of most of his best work, not his famous stuff.  Drake I think is definitely up and coming, and has a similar talent, but seems a little dry sometimes.  Although in Say Whats Real he kills it.

Basically my point is, there is a reason all these people are famous, and its easy to dismiss some of them quickly.  If you have listened to a lot of Waynes music and dont like him, your entitled to your opinion.  But for me, I found it quite easy to write him off without giving him a true chance.

matt M

• The Nation
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 06:11:54 PM »
Eminem has raw talent, and for a while he was all I listened to.  Then I met a kid, who always tells me about great rappers and songs and mixes beats.  Basically he knows as much as anyone about rap, and got me into it.  I asked him who his favorite rapper was, and he said LIL WAYNE.  I was almost laughing, but he sent me a bunch of stuff and now, I almost agree.

Lyrically, some of Waynes stuff is ridiculous.  Ridiculously great.  If your a member of Datpiff.com, a legal mixtape site, I suggest you download Best of So Far: Lil Wayne.  Its a compilation of most of his best work, not his famous stuff.  Drake I think is definitely up and coming, and has a similar talent, but seems a little dry sometimes.  Although in Say Whats Real he kills it.

Basically my point is, there is a reason all these people are famous, and its easy to dismiss some of them quickly.  If you have listened to a lot of Waynes music and dont like him, your entitled to your opinion.  But for me, I found it quite easy to write him off without giving him a true chance.
Eminem is good. And I have listened to almost all of Wayne and Drakes stuff cause I have a really good friend who loves them. And I agree, to the point I hadnt given either a fair chance, but after a whole summer of listening to lil wayne, I still dont like him. I can live with Drake, cause he has some songs he absolutly destroys, and some I ask what he was thinking, but one artist I love every song of. Lupe Fiasco.  I just love it all.

broyo13

• The Nation
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 06:28:29 PM »
Lupe!  I was gonna bring him up next.  He just doesnt seem to know how to really screw up a song.  I mean Lil Wayne, he has stuff thats just crap.   

yoyoYO

• The Nation
  • hi im Patrick
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 06:33:19 PM »

this. waynes stuff is genious, i dont like m&m much his vioce anoys me bt i heard a good song thaats brand new i dig waka rick ross n wiz, i dont like cudis new aalbum sounds like he is just talkin
What’s with you Canadians and your wonderful yoyos…?not enough chicks up there…?

moefv

• General-Yo And VsNYYC Professional Collector!!!
  • The Nation
  • General-Yo Brotherhood Member
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »
My Favorite Songs have to be: Lose Yourself By:Eminem, Good Life By: Kanye West, Not Afraid By: Eminem, Heartless By:Kanye West, Jesus Walks By:Kanye West, and Forever By: Drake. O0