Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: boomerangs anyone?  (Read 2080 times)

buffalowings

• The Nation
boomerangs anyone?
« on: October 28, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
anybody happen to throw returning and/or non returning boomerangs? thought I'd ask here because I figured if anyone were to throw boomerangs, it's quite possible they'd be a yoyo-er as well. and if so, for how many years. if I could find my camera, I'd post a couple pics of my collection

James

Brett 'The Brett' Hitchell

• Werrd
  • The Nation
Re: boomerangs anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:47:53 PM »
I haven't since I was a wee lad (And I'm pretty sure I've never gotten one to actually return to me). I'd love to get into it though...

If you wouldn't mind, could you maybe suggest some websites that would be good to get a quality Boomerang?
Playing an Irony w/ Buttered Thread is like pouring Crisco on a slip and slide.

buffalowings

• The Nation
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »
I haven't since I was a wee lad (And I'm pretty sure I've never gotten one to actually return to me). I'd love to get into it though...

If you wouldn't mind, could you maybe suggest some websites that would be good to get a quality Boomerang?

theboomerangman.com is a great place to purchase boomerangs and if you're interested in bidding for more unique/one-off boomerangs, flight-toys.com is another great site

James

Brett 'The Brett' Hitchell

• Werrd
  • The Nation
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
Cool, Thanks for the advice...

p.s. Sorry that there seems to not be a Boomerang scene at all on here... I guess some skill toys are to obscure for even yoyoers  ;D
Playing an Irony w/ Buttered Thread is like pouring Crisco on a slip and slide.

rosgana

• The Nation
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:22:34 PM »
I am boomerang lover too....
String is Important things :)

Faust

• The Nation
  • Tied up and ready to yo!
    • The Yoyologist
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 05:08:55 AM »
I love throwing, been doing it for a couple years.  Living in a city though, it's been a while since I've actually managed to get out and throw  :'(

One of my best friends is a fairly well-known boomerang maker under the name Red Air.  He uses birch ply-wood.  My favourites are the Raptor and Nomad.  theboomerangman.com has a bunch of his throws under the intermediate section.  You could also check out his website:  www.redair.co.za

notarden

• The Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »
i made a boomerang last summer using plywood a hand saw and sand paper came out great O0

spinningray

• The Nation
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
Here is a rang I made from lilac and tulip wood. It plays so nice. It is great for medium winds and hovers like a dream.