Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Who are some of your favorite female players?  (Read 87321 times)

YoBemis

• (\/) (ಠ,,,ಠ) (\/)
  • Your friendly Admin!
  • The Nation
  • Here's to life!
    • Bemis on flickr!!!!
Re: Who are some of your favorite female players?
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2007, 05:55:31 AM »
This whole thread was creepy from the beginning. It was only a matter of time before hug fights broke out.

Speaking of HUGS...

...Ima glomp j00 at our next jojo meet!!!

HUGTACKLEZ!!!!

-Bemis
(6:02:44 PM) YoBemis: If love conquers all and I love yoyoing, does that mean that one day I will be a good yoyoer?
(6:02:54 PM) FNG: no.
(6:02:58 PM) YoBemis: DAMN

katelyn 216

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2007, 06:49:10 AM »
Omg... Lol, I never thought about comparing Steve to Sinead... But, I guess I can see the resemblance...

what a coincidence, i just started listening to her a little while ago.

Steve brown and sinead o'conner could be related though...I see the resemblance,  ;D

Jen Niles

• The Nation
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2012, 10:24:27 AM »
So I know that I have been quiet in the community and that this thread started years ago... but I am just seeing this and wanted to chime in.  When I started in the yo-yo community back in 1997, there were not many female yo-yo players that were known.  Valerie Oliver was the queen and Jennifer Baybrook was a young girl (princess in training)  and in the middle and closer to my age was Kate Miller the princess and what I considered at the time, her protege, Ambri Bizek. At this time I wanted to not only become a, not the, yo-yo queen...and I had these women and young lady to look up to! During this time period I spent a good deal of time sharing my knowledge and skills with hundreds of kids in Los Angeles, teaching them and training them to be the young adult players that are around today. However, one female player that I have not seen mentioned in this thread, who is an amazing performer and entertainer is Farrah Siegel...

Anyhow, I am still a member of this community, but somehow I too was shunned by Duncan after Steve left... mind you, not only was I the first woman sponsored by Duncan, I was also one of the original THREE members of the worldwide crew, which was: Steve Brown, Mark McBride and myself.  I worked hard for years volunteering my time and skills to the yo-yo community and I will admit that I am a little bit shocked and stunned by the dis of the Duncan community... I don't care who likes who and who doesn't.... but Steve Brown and myself should have been the first trading cards available!  Just my opinion.

Anyhow, I don't have any favorite female players...I think the few women and girls who pick up a yo-yo and stick to it are worth a mention.

I am proud to have been a part of this community as long as I have...whether I am still a member of the Duncan crew or not... I know what I have done, the kids I have helped and the mark that I have made!  Duncan team or not... I am a "yo-yo chick extraordinaire"! 

I also think, unless there is another one, "the tattoo girl"