Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: US Nats Changes  (Read 69995 times)

amplifiedlamonte

• MIB shamwow $10 shipped
  • Manufacturer
  • The Nation
  • Amplified Return Tops
    • Amplified Return Tops
US Nats Changes
« on: May 24, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »
I'm not sure how I feel about the changes just yet.

1) Nationals is usually 2 days, but this year it will be held from October 6-8 this year to accommodate a wildcard round on the opening day and a semifinal round after prelims. Wildcard will take place on the first day of the NYYC. All competitors that did not otherwise qualify into prelims, semis, or finals start at this level. The open qualifying freestyles are 30 seconds in length and the competitor must choose from a pre-selected set of music for his or her performance. Open qualifying freestyles will only be scored based n the Tech. Execution component (clickers).

2) The seeding system has been changed quite a bit. Here's the rundown.

Who seeds to Prelims: The top 20% (rounded down) of competitors in a State contest, and the top 30% (rounded down) of competitors in a Regional contest are pre-seeded to the preliminaries. In addition, the top 20% of competitors from open qualifying advance to the preliminaries.

Who seeds to Semis: The current winner from each regional contest is pre-seeded to the semi-finals.

Who seeds to Finals: The previous years National Champion is pre-seeded to the finals.

3) It doesn't seed to Worlds... In order to accommodate for the US Nats early next summer.

4) After two years in Los Angeles, the contest is moving back to Chico. It'll be somewhere else next year and they (NYYL) plan on making it a moving event.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:41:22 PM by amplifiedlamonte »
i like pretty pictures

loonyduck1

• I suck sometimes (always)
  • The Nation
Re: US Nats Changes
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 02:43:28 PM »
I'm surprised it took them so long to change it to be honest, didn't make much sense really to have US nationals BEFORE nearly all the state contests.

I'm not based in the US but it's good to see the change. I know people aren't happy about the temporary change to Chico but personally I though it looked great for performances.
Shameless promotion: https://www.instagram.com/panzerhacker/

Accidental YYF fanboy

triggerscold

• Overlord
  • The Nation
  • ^_^
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 07:47:40 AM »
i am less likely to go now that its in chico~ i do like the potential for it to move around. !_!
Mess with the best, die like the rest~

Grendel

• Master of the Insane Clamper Posse;XNGH 1547 Ester Alaska Chapter
  • The Nation
  • The Voice of ALL Grendels Worldwide
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 09:57:15 AM »
About time it got back to Chico. Augie!!!!!
American Made Yo Yo; Anti-Yo; General Yo; One Drop Design; Pay with Square.