Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First Kendama arriving tomorrow...  (Read 239 times)

Paul

• Team Big Bang
  • The Nation
  • Owner of Big Bang Bandalores
    • Big Bang Bandalores Official Website
First Kendama arriving tomorrow...
« on: May 22, 2017, 12:22:04 AM »
Literally just added one as a "why not" to an order...

What do you guys suggest as a place to start off learning?
Big Bang Bandalores + String Theory String

www.BigBangBandalores.com

happybob

• The Nation
Re: First Kendama arriving tomorrow...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 04:51:47 PM »
Hey Paul! I got into kendama about 5 or so months ago, I underestimated how much I was going to like it and I have a sizable collection now. It's super fun. I would really suggest getting an instagram and following a bunch of pro players from sweets, krom, kendama usa. So much inspiration from their, but as far as learning, progression with kendama is pretty logical and easier to start than yoyo. You my find it's pretty easy to get started, i feel my experience yoyoing helped. after you get big cup, small cup, base cup, and spike all good and combinations of going back in forth, just really work on lighthouses and airplanes until those are honed, that was the best advice I got when starting. Good luck!

Paul

• Team Big Bang
  • The Nation
  • Owner of Big Bang Bandalores
    • Big Bang Bandalores Official Website
Re: First Kendama arriving tomorrow...
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:24 PM »
Hey Paul! I got into kendama about 5 or so months ago, I underestimated how much I was going to like it and I have a sizable collection now. It's super fun. I would really suggest getting an instagram and following a bunch of pro players from sweets, krom, kendama usa. So much inspiration from their, but as far as learning, progression with kendama is pretty logical and easier to start than yoyo. You my find it's pretty easy to get started, i feel my experience yoyoing helped. after you get big cup, small cup, base cup, and spike all good and combinations of going back in forth, just really work on lighthouses and airplanes until those are honed, that was the best advice I got when starting. Good luck!

I discovered kendama when a bunch of people
Who follow my instagram ( https://www.instagram.com/big_bang_bandalores/ ) showed up in my feed playing kendama. I googled it and at $25 for what looked like a nice one, I snagged it.

I hit the spike my first and second try (4/5! then laid down for bed). I definitely thing juggling and yoyos will translate well. Ive always been looking for that "other" skilltoy for when my wrist bothers me or I want to switch it up. Im definitely going to get into this... hehe
Big Bang Bandalores + String Theory String

www.BigBangBandalores.com