Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's up, seriously.  (Read 71501 times)

StillinKansasCity

• One Drop Connoisseur
  • The Nation
  • Yes, but does it accept Side Effects?
What's up, seriously.
« on: September 08, 2012, 11:49:27 PM »
So what is going on with this site? Is YYN coming back or is this on again off again stuff going to become the norm?
This should be played at high volume, preferably in a residential area.

Big Yoyo

• The Nation
Re: What's up, seriously.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »
I hope it stays on!
I make string.  Do you need string? I can help!! PM me!

fireball19

• The Nation
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »
It doesn't look so good for the store, but I really hope the forum lives on. Operation: Repopulate YYN?

Clifford_Ball

• Also known as Todd
  • The Nation
    • My Yoyo Collection
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 04:29:31 AM »
It doesn't look so good for the store, but I really hope the forum lives on. Operation: Repopulate YYN?

Why?
All my posts are 100% subjective and opinion based

thedeadyo

• The Nation
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 04:45:17 PM »
Being here for almost four years now, I almost find it unbearable to post or even visit this website anymore. It use to be my sort of utopia for yoyoing news and to get a general laugh.
now, days go by with useless posts, locked threads, and a general dryness through out the site.

I hope the store comes back, if not, I hope the next time they take the forum down they take it out back and finish it off for good.

dade

• The Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 05:39:41 PM »
Being here for almost four years now, I almost find it unbearable to post or even visit this website anymore. It use to be my sort of utopia for yoyoing news and to get a general laugh.
now, days go by with useless posts, locked threads, and a general dryness through out the site.

I hope the store comes back, if not, I hope the next time they take the forum down they take it out back and finish it off for good.

Agreed.  I think the yoyoing community has shrunk quite a bit.  I remember creating a thread back in the day and it only being on the first page for a half a day or so.  People were posting like nuts.  Now though?  Maybe yoyoing experienced a little mini boom, and we're seeing the back end of it.  I can't imagine it's yoyonation losing popularity within the yoyo community.  This is the only forum that had a sliver of maturity, which is one big reason I ever frequented it and I believe it's what drew a lot of other people as well.

BosK

• Stay on target..
  • The Nation
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 01:51:11 PM »
YYN was good when it had "yoyo personalities " posting regularly..
That ended a while ago, its all about the secret forums and yoyo cliche's these days.. :(

Steve Brown™

• Malcontent
  • Manufacturer
  • The Nation
    • 365yoyotricks.com
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »
That ended a while ago, its all about the secret forums and yoyo cliche's these days.. :(

Actually, it's mostly about Facebook these days. That's where all the manufacturers are dropping news, and everyone is talking to each other in increasingly smaller clumps.

BosK

• Stay on target..
  • The Nation
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »
Yeah true... so many little groups on fb now

YoBemis

• (\/) (ಠ,,,ಠ) (\/)
  • Your friendly Admin!
  • The Nation
  • Here's to life!
    • Bemis on flickr!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »
I hope the next time they take the forum down they take it out back and finish it off for good.

O0
(6:02:44 PM) YoBemis: If love conquers all and I love yoyoing, does that mean that one day I will be a good yoyoer?
(6:02:54 PM) FNG: no.
(6:02:58 PM) YoBemis: DAMN

yoyoisthewin

• Imma firin mah yoyo! BLAHHHH
  • The Nation
  • Law Abiding Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »
This site has given a large part of my life a sense of community that's irreplaceable. Time has passed and my passions have shifted, though, and I think I'm ready to move past it.

I've seen YYN peak and watched it decline with a heavy heart. Nothing will ever feel like YoYoNation, but the time could be upon us when we just have to let it go.
Selling cheap yoyos!
No strings attached!

Saxocrazy

• Lord of the Saxophone nuts
  • The Nation
  • ())-----------------------------O
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »

Actually, it's mostly about Facebook these days. That's where all the manufacturers are dropping news, and everyone is talking to each other in increasingly smaller clumps.
so goes life in general these days... Only reason I ever spent any real time on this forum was because no one in Alabama threw. I came here to try and find real, live people to meet with, learn, and enjoy the sport. Now everyone wants to sit at home and skype, chat on facebook, or make and watch youtube videos. It's even more sad because yoyo's harken back to a time where people still made and did things. Now the average 13 yr old (my younger cousin included) just wants to sit around and play call of duty for 18 hours a day. Oh well... sounding like a geezer now
hhmmmmm... saxocrazy.

Steve4s83

• The Nation
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 12:50:30 PM »
I joined this site back in '07 and used this site quite frequently for a couple years. Honestly never imagined this forum would die out like it did! There's posts on the front page that are months old and back then they wouldn't even last a day. I know I've been gone for 3 years but when the hell did this decline start happening? Is the store done for good?