Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Save the last of the World of Color yo-yo halves  (Read 1581 times)

yoyodave

• The Nation
Save the last of the World of Color yo-yo halves
« on: August 26, 2012, 05:17:24 PM »
Remember the old World of Color stands we sold at Skilltoys.com.  They were unfinished Molded World of Color Yo-yo halves rescued from the Liquidation of the Old Duncan plant in Luck Wisconsin.  Well, I am clearing out the old house to sell, and still have about 50,000 of them.  Anyone interested in saving them from getting tossed?  Any store owners interested in a lifetime supply of them? :)

Message me if interested in saving them from the dumpster.

David H.

need-a-bow

• The Nation
Re: Save the last of the World of Color yo-yo halves
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
Just contacted a few store owners I know.

The Joshinator

• WARNING: Watch for Falling Essays.
  • The Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 05:13:48 PM »
Are they free? I might take a few sets. In fact, I might ask Dave Bazan if he wants some for modding and putting out in his store - I live pretty close to him.
"Can you do the Eiffel Tower?"
"Hmm... you mean this trick? (does it)"
"Yeah, that one! That's so co-"
"Nope, I can't. Sorry."

My BST

http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php

yoyodave

• The Nation
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
Going ...

Moving a set or two is not going to help here.  We are talking a lot of these.  I'm considering gravelling my front yard with them. :)  They are very pretty and highly reflective.  I bet you could see my yard from SPACE!!!

Come On, people.  These are the last of these that were ever made at the Luck plant.  I hate for them to wind up in the bottom of the landfill.  But I've been using my old house as a storage building for about 4 years now.  I shouldn't have to be the world repository for ALL yo-yo history that needs to be saved. :) I probably sold about 50,000 the last 8 years of the store.  So people DO Buy them by color... for their craft projects.  Some put them on the lathes and milled and shaped them, and added bearing axles.  Others just used them as display stands.  I'd often sell them 100's at a time to collectors wanting to display their old yo-yos.

The boxes are heavy ... last year it took about $35 to ship one box of these.  I am suggesting that someone (company, store) hire a shipping company like Yellow Freight.  Set a time, and we can load them onto a flat.  Then have them delivered somewhere.  I'm suggesting about a penny a piece for the trouble, or about $500 takes them ALL.  Or better yet, if you have a store near New Mexico, hire a UHaul truck and come and get them.

Going ... Going ...

David H.

yoyodave

• The Nation
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »

GONE !!!