Welcome, Guest

Poll

If there's a new yoyo, which features do you consider the most?

Strength
1 (4.2%)
Product Age
0 (0%)
Design (look, finishing)
7 (29.2%)
Dimension and shape
11 (45.8%)
Additional Features
0 (0%)
Quality of materials
3 (12.5%)
Ease of maintenance
0 (0%)
Price
2 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: New Yoyo Company Coming soon.  (Read 71060 times)

yoyo-guy

• The Nation
New Yoyo Company Coming soon.
« on: August 25, 2012, 05:07:45 AM »
Hey there, I'm in the process of a building a new yoyo company. And I need to know what you people are consider the most for yoyo features.
Soon, there will be a logo contest for my company with the first prototype as its prize.

Thanks

the5uperu5er

• The Nation
Re: New Yoyo Company Coming soon.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:21:18 AM »
If you want a logo worth having pay a designer, logo contests are a great way to get a free graphic that might certainly be worth the price you paid.

bensaddiction

• The End all be all of things that never were.
  • The Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:04:24 AM »
Def size and shape, I dont want to throw a 58-34... eww.

mondo6611

• The Nation
Re: Re: Re: New Yoyo Company Coming soon.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 11:35:35 AM »
If you want a logo worth having pay a designer, logo contests are a great way to get a free graphic that might certainly be worth the price you paid.
I agree. I do graphic design on the side. Pay someone for a food logo. Branding is very important for a new company

Steve Brown™

• Malcontent
  • Manufacturer
  • The Nation
    • 365yoyotricks.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:01:37 AM »
Hey there, I'm in the process of a building a new yoyo company. And I need to know what you people are consider the most for yoyo features.
Soon, there will be a logo contest for my company with the first prototype as its prize.

If you don't already have an understanding of what people what, you don't have a specific vision for what you think they need, and you're going to leave your branding and identity up to a random stranger who isn't invested in your company...then what exactly are you providing?

This doesn't sound like someone starting a yo-yo company. This sounds like someone who has the phone number for a machine shop.

Superguru

• The Nation
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 03:26:55 PM »
I'm argeeing with what the person above me said, you should already have a understanding and your own creativity on what you want to stand out about you and your company and what the community wants in their throws.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 03:50:48 PM by Superguru »

The Joshinator

• WARNING: Watch for Falling Essays.
  • The Nation
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 06:23:18 PM »
While I agree that Steve has a good point, and you do need to have a purpose and vision for the company (otherwise you're just wasting time), I do think it's valid to poll the community to see exactly where and how big the market is, especially as somebody who's new to the whole manufacturing/marketing business. I'm quite sure my perception of the community's preferences in yoyos is quite different from, say, Steve's or Superguru's. Ultimately, you can't please everybody, so just keep that in mind as you do plenty of testing and prototyping to find what you think is the best yoyo for your company's vision.
"Can you do the Eiffel Tower?"
"Hmm... you mean this trick? (does it)"
"Yeah, that one! That's so co-"
"Nope, I can't. Sorry."

My BST

http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php

jojo712

• War kittens!?
  • The Nation
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:37:05 PM »
US-made would likely be my biggest consideration. Of course, Canada is up there too. I got tired of seeing made in China on every yoyo I purchased. No offense to the Chinese, but during these tough economic times, these are jobs that could be here rather than somewhere else. I'd rather pay a little more and know that I'm supporting a job in the country where I live.

yoyo-guy

• The Nation
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 06:02:11 AM »

If you don't already have an understanding of what people what, you don't have a specific vision for what you think they need, and you're going to leave your branding and identity up to a random stranger who isn't invested in your company...then what exactly are you providing?

This doesn't sound like someone starting a yo-yo company. This sounds like someone who has the phone number for a machine shop.

Well actually my company do have a vision of what we're actually doing. and I just want to know what the community wants. We're still building on this, so we might want to consider the effectiveness of production. And makes sure that people actually loves our products.