Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Arctic Circle or Chief?  (Read 1668 times)

Melford

• Bmel On YYE & OD
  • The Nation
  • لأن الله معي في كل وقت
Arctic Circle or Chief?
« on: June 28, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »
I have tried different run chiefs, I like the green ghost and Jack rabbit. I haven't tried an AC but what do the wealthy forum members who own or have tried both think?

MGiroux77

• The Nation
Re: Arctic Circle or Chief?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »
I have tried different run chiefs, I like the green ghost and Jack rabbit. I haven't tried an AC but what do the wealthy forum members who own or have tried both think?

In my opinion they play a lot different.  The Chief is more floaty and feels and plays light.  The AC plays a bit more solid and has a "thunk" at the bottom of the string (in a good way).  I like the AC better myself.  To me the AC plays a lot like a CODE2 though.

thetonster86

• The Nation
Re: Re: Arctic Circle or Chief?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 10:39:51 AM »
I definitely agree that the AC plays alot like the code2. That was definitely one of the things that came to mind when throwing it, not that it plays exactly like it, but its close. In my opinion it comes down to weight. What do you prefer, and what can you get your hands on. If you wanna buy brand new Caribou Chris says he'll be releasing both. I still play my Chief over the AC, but that is only because I like the feeling of a 66g throw.

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

FordGill91

• The Nation
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:46:21 PM »
Get a AC not because it's better or worse but if you already own chief's it's rather good to branch out and get another CLYW.
I'm gonan have to say go with the AC unless you need another chief for other purposes like Contest's ,etc

LynFuie

• The Nation
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:57:22 PM »
I've never played the Chief, but I've played the Arctic Circle and, in my  opinion, it's a piece of -------. Or to be more specific, a piece of rock...

Plays nothing like a CODE2 btw. And I had a CODE2 for a while. I was one of the original testers  :coolsmiley:

Tetrahedron

• CLYW Project Affiliate
  • The Nation
  • FG Chiefs, bro.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
I personally like the AC better.
It really plays like nothing I've thrown before; has a very strange feeling due to the weight distribution.

Tourqe

• Pat.C
  • The Nation
  • I like Trains.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:20 AM »
Chief is great for speed and risky tricks due to its weight and gigantic catch zone.

Arctic Circle is great if you like huge amounts of stability without sacrificing mobility.

Both are really good choices.
Hai

JAX%^

• Super­cali­fragi­listic­expi­ali­docious
  • The Nation
  • JYOYO Owner and Creator
    • JYOYO
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »
You can't go wrong with a AC
I enjoyed a poptart, but instantly regretted eating the whole box.

triggerscold

• Overlord
  • The Nation
  • ^_^
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 06:27:37 AM »
ac2
Mess with the best, die like the rest~