Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 21 Plus Yo Yo Club. Western Massachusetts (UPDATE)  (Read 2076 times)

MGiroux77

• The Nation
21 Plus Yo Yo Club. Western Massachusetts (UPDATE)
« on: June 15, 2012, 06:04:34 AM »
Hey everyone. Myself and Nick Gumlaw of Spin Dynamics are starting a 21 plus yoyo club in our hometown of Easthampton, MA. We are looking to see who might be interested in attending. We are shooting to meet up once a month on Sundays from about 3-5pm. The location is still up in the air but we are looking at Amy's Place Bar and Grill in Easthampton as a starting off point. If you are interested please respond in this post. Thanks!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:42:52 PM by MGiroux77 »

Shabibo

• The Nation
  • Team JYOYO & Eternal Throw Accessories Member
Re: 21 Plus Yo Yo Club. Western Massachusetts
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »
any exceptions for a sailor? :P
if not ill hit yall up in october when i turn 21.

http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,93356.msg1005401.html#msg1005401 Link to my BST^^^^^
GO CHECK OUT SASSAFRASS'S YOYO COZIES.

MGiroux77

• The Nation
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 06:54:30 PM »
any exceptions for a sailor? :P
if not ill hit yall up in october when i turn 21.

Not sure bro.  But October works for us!!  Hopefully by then we will be going strong.

mdaddy9505

• The Nation
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »
you take beginners I am 25 but have not been  yo yoing long  
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:37:27 PM by mdaddy9505 »

Mr. Eli

• The Nation
  • Team A2Z !!!!!! You Only Live Twice !!
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 04:25:31 AM »
I testify the first meet was fun ! I refer to a song by one of my favorite groups (Preferred acoustic version ) By White Rabbits . " The Company We Keep "  , Matt it occurred to me we need a name for ourselves ! Can anyone on the Nation help us come up with a cool name for a bunch of adult age fanatic Yoers !!!  Best James
☻/
/▌
/ \

This Is Alphonso.
Copy and paste Alphonso and he will soon take over yoyonation.

Reap >Just >What > You < >Sow ..............

MGiroux77

• The Nation
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 08:20:14 AM »
you take beginners I am 25 but have not been not been yo yoing long  

Of course we do.  The more the better.  

We had our first meet and it was a big success.  I was happily suprised to see many of the patrons come up and ask all kinds of questions about modern yoyoing.  They seemed very interested.  Mr Eli we are still working on the name.  After Worlds Nick and I are going to sit down and figure out the next meet and also a name for this group!! 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 08:23:04 AM by MGiroux77 »

mdaddy9505

• The Nation
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:42:47 AM »
cool let me know next time

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
We have a Facebook group called 21UP, and you guys are welcome to join! Same concept, 21 and older yoyoers of all skill levels.
"One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century"

TAB

• The Amazing Bob
  • The Nation
  • The Amazing Bob
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 10:58:05 AM »
Are you actually starting an age-restricted yo-yo club, or is that just the name?

Because an age restricted yo-yo club sounds like a really great way to help out younger players who are just starting out. Ya know?

Perhaps you guys should consider something like, at 8pm, the younger players go home for dinner, and the older guys go to the pub.

But if you guys want to be exclusive, whatever, I don't live in western mass, I'm not 21, and I don't care what you do.

ShaunC

• Ditch Down Crew
  • The Nation
  • from Hell...
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 12:24:32 PM »
People have a right to start a club with just adults. It doesn't hurt the community, and it doesn't prohibit those players from helping out young players other times. It kills me that every time someone decides to do an adults only yoyo related event or group, they get crap for it. The yoyo community is predominantly all ages oriented, so a few adult groups are healthy for the sport. It encourages adults to be involved, too. Contrary to popular belief, no one that yoyos is obligated to be a teacher or role model. Some people just want to hang out and throw, and that's just fine.
"One day men will look back and say i gave birth to the twentieth century"

MGiroux77

• The Nation
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »
Are you actually starting an age-restricted yo-yo club, or is that just the name?

Because an age restricted yo-yo club sounds like a really great way to help out younger players who are just starting out. Ya know?

Perhaps you guys should consider something like, at 8pm, the younger players go home for dinner, and the older guys go to the pub.

But if you guys want to be exclusive, whatever, I don't live in western mass, I'm not 21, and I don't care what you do.

We mainly started the club because all of the yoyo "dads" who want to learn tricks and get better can't because they are always making sure their kids are taken care of and that they are minding their p's and q's.  We have such a huge yoyo community in Western MA and we have nothing for just the adults.  At A2Z at yoyo school the kids are everywhere as with Dogbite.  This was a way to just have the adults together and have fun and not feel like they have to watch over their kids or feel like they can't learn as well.  Growing the adult yoyo population is very important as adults are the ones buying most of the yoyos.  More adults yoyoing is an excellent thing for the sport.

Mr. Eli

• The Nation
  • Team A2Z !!!!!! You Only Live Twice !!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 12:11:10 PM »
Well said Matt, Man even at the contests we  judge  beginner and intermediate . If we had a dollar for every knot we undid or squeaky bearing we fixed or string we measured up  we could have a limo bring us to our pub !!! As a matter of fact Matt hook that up ! See all of you at Worlds !!!!!! One more day !!!!! It is a refreshing change to act like an adult....:)  Although that is not our goal  lol ...Shaun thank you for the invite and the backup . We almost have a YOYO boot camp here if you want to throw and live near us on the East Coast your in great hands. Ask anyone of the Pros that stop by Mr. Jack Finn is our hero and without him the whole scene would suffer . We are all basically Jacks soldiers. Best James
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:19:17 PM by Mr. Eli »
☻/
/▌
/ \

This Is Alphonso.
Copy and paste Alphonso and he will soon take over yoyonation.

Reap >Just >What > You < >Sow ..............

MGiroux77

• The Nation
Re: 21 Plus Yo Yo Club. Western Massachusetts (UPDATE)
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 07:44:50 PM »
Hey Everyone,

Were all set for Sunday August 26th from 2-4pm at Amy's Place Bar and Grill in Easthampton, MA.  All you need is to be 21plus a yoyoer or a yoyo fan.  See you all there!!

Matt