Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Official Thread of - Super NOVA Throwers club - (Video added) DC/MD/VA new pix  (Read 3929 times)

nivo

• The Nation
NOVA Throwers club  -  Group of people who loves to throw. (we have throwers from all over Northern VA, DC, West VA and Maryland)

We had Five meets so far, The last meet went great and the next meet is on October 6th!!   if anything changes .. it will be updated here .. so keep your eyes peeled.

Location : Algonkian Park.  6899 Volcano Island Dr. Sterling, VA 20165    @  Shelter #1  (the first parking lot on your left after you pass the sports plex) when you enter the park on fairway you turn left on volcanoe island dr, towards the water park. We meet in the big shelter by the parking lot.  We meet around 11 am or earlier.  If you get lost call me Niven : 703 987 8204

Members : Salzorin (Sam), Cdd1983 (Craig), LT , Nivo (Niven).  GunstarHero (Chuck) .  Yoyoavenger (Adam), Max, Jebido (Drew), Tray , Dik Stohr, Will (DecaHedron), Ghost (Ghost8982), Joel (Jomo), Jamie (Kelyon), Jacob (Trace) ,Zach, Justin, Adrian, Chris ,Aaron, Josh,  Luke and Chris Powell.

Things we do : YoYo (duh) , Trade, Try each others throw, help each other out with tricks, talk about anything and everything yoyo.  All level of throwers welcome, from beginners to experts!  We are also trying out different games, today we tried to pass a Go Big in between the four of us and tried not to drop it. Next time we will try to do it with two Go Bigs!!!  :P   Any new Ideas for games or any other ideas in general are welcome.

Recently we started throwing at local malls and we are trying to spread the joy of YOYOing and build our group.  Any help from companies appreciated.  André from YYE sent us some flyers and stickers which we will give out.  OneDrop sent us some stickers and YoyoFactory sent us a One and a bunch of picture .. check on page 15 for a pic of their stuff.  (will be giving these out as well, and the ONE will go to someone who actually shows interest and wants to learn and come to our meets)

See you there.  Please pm any one of our members for more info.

4/14/12. Our first meet : LT,Niven,Sam,Craig.

5/5/12... Our second meet: Tray,Craig,LT,Sam,Adam,Niven,Drew,Dik.

6/2/12... Our Third meet : Will , Niven, Chuck, Sam

7/7/12 .. Our Fourth meet : Kelyon,Salzorin,Trace,Nivo,Zack,Ghost,Jomo

thanks for the group pic Ghost, he is also working on a group video!!! look out for it!! I will post a link once its up.

Mall pics :

Our First Video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-14s5BOdj8#noexternalembed&feature=player_embedded

Our meet on August 11th :

Justin, Adrian, Chris, Niven, Ghost, Chris ,Aaron, Josh, Jamie and Luke  (had a blast)

Another meet !!  September 15th :

Jamie, Zack, Enis, Jake, Luke, Christoph, Chris, Niv0, Joel, Ben, Sam, Ghost.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:16:42 PM by nivo »

Decahedron

• The Nation
Re: Northern VA meet this Sat 4/14/12 at 11am
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »
Who's we?  What kind of numbers usually show up?  Im about an hour out, and had plans for Saturday but may scrap em depending.
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,108230.0.html

My e-bay auctions!  Looooow starting bids!

nivo

• The Nation
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 08:03:54 AM »
It will be four of us confirmed ... I wanted to post here to see if anyone lives in northern VA or surrounding area,  We have 2 guys coming from Winchester another from leesburg... I am in alexandria ... Two guys from dc were going to come but can't make it... So yea 4 plus some non Yoyo friends maybe.  It will be great if you showed up!!!!  Are there other meets you go to?

Decahedron

• The Nation
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 09:02:40 AM »
Currently my cars out of commision :/.  Am from frederick md. Got like two in the area besides me but we really doll meet much at aall

nivo

• The Nation
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 11:11:42 AM »
Sucks to hear about your car... Hope you get it fixed asap! N if you guys do have meets .. Let me kno ... I might drive out there.

GunstarHero

• Chuck Cescon
  • The Nation
  • Throw it away
    • Tumblr (18+)
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 12:11:46 PM »
Bump Bump.

I'll be here tomorrow. Come join the fun.

nivo

• The Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 06:46:34 AM »
On my way up there so far looks like it will be about 5 of us ... I am also taking my longboard ... Gunstarhero and I will be shredding the parking lot lol

GunstarHero

• Chuck Cescon
  • The Nation
  • Throw it away
    • Tumblr (18+)
Re: Official Thread of - NOVA Throwers club
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 10:43:23 PM »
Ok. So I missed last meet because I'm apparently a narcoleptic. I apologize for that. I won't be able to make it on the fifth because my daughter is turning two that weekend and ill be in PA. Before that though me and Nivo are gonna tear up some asphalt.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone next time I'm there! If anyone wants to meetup before the fifth show some interest! Post it up!

Deca come on down sometime!

Ill be moving to Sterling the beginning of July, so if anyone is in the area, give me a holler.

Decahedron

• The Nation
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 05:47:58 AM »
Ill have to make it some time.  If anybody can make it to frederick md Saturday, we've got a few from NoVA coming down around 11 till maybe 3 or so

Jomo

• The Nation
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »
oh snap! maybe I can get over there!!
forum yoyonation = Pontification Station

Decahedron

• The Nation
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 09:54:48 AM »
Jomo, maybe we can carpool to the next one.  Though I've got friends and fam stuff to do in NoVA as well.

nivo

• The Nation
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
oh snap! maybe I can get over there!!

hell yeah man .. it would be awesome to have you!!! let me know

Jomo, maybe we can carpool to the next one.  Though I've got friends and fam stuff to do in NoVA as well.

may 5th .. you can make it  ;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:02:33 PM by nivo »

Jomo

• The Nation
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 05:57:05 AM »
hey so far, may 5th looks good for me . .
sure thing Deca . .ya know it's really not that far for us!
forum yoyonation = Pontification Station

cdd1983

• The Nation
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »
Figured I'd join you at the Nation as well nivo. Looking forward to the next meet!

nivo

• The Nation
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 03:06:53 PM »
May 5th Update:  we are still meeting at 11am this Sat!! can't wait .. we have someone working on our design and someone on a t-shirt.  We also have Craig making strings .. similar to toxic.. i will post more pics after this meet.  Also .. i got in touch with D-Ick Stohr (can't say his first name on the forums for some reason)..

yes him .. i have contacted him and he is also excited to come out to our meet.  This weekend is going to be a blast!!!  hope to see you there!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:07:23 PM by nivo »

jebido

• The Nation
  • G-Squared Yo-yos Member
Re: Official Thread of - NOVA Throwers club - Update
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »
I'm excited to meet everybody, it's been a while since I've been around any yo-yoers. Hopefully I'll have my Clash by then!

GunstarHero

• Chuck Cescon
  • The Nation
  • Throw it away
    • Tumblr (18+)
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
I won't be coming. I apologize....again. I fractured my foot and my daughters birthday is that weekend..so I'll be in PA to celebrate it with my family. I'll see you all in June!

nivo

• The Nation
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 11:35:36 PM »
June 2nd at 10am but come anytime!!! We are usually there until 3pm.

Decahedron

• The Nation
Re: Official Thread of - NOVA Throwers club - Update with group pic.
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 05:29:46 AM »
Any potential for an indoor spot?  The humidity is gonna be awful just to sit in, but also for the strings

GunstarHero

• Chuck Cescon
  • The Nation
  • Throw it away
    • Tumblr (18+)
Re: Official Thread of - NOVA Throwers club - Update with group pic.
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »
Come on Deca, suck it up haha! Indoor spots are hard to come by. I'd much rather be outside. I play with knots in my string when I'm too lazy to get me out :P

Plus, me and. I've are gonna be boarding. If anyone else skates or longboards bring your board.