Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My PC is so lag..  (Read 627 times)

Matheo

• The Nation
My PC is so lag..
« on: April 08, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »
 like I can't even watch Youtube on 360p. I run windows XP and it 's lag even browsing sites with lots of photos like 9gag, tumblr and etc. Is there anything that I can do to make it smooth and NOT to format it?

JoeyThiesen

• The Nation
    • My YouTube
Re: My PC is so lag..
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 06:11:03 AM »
Defrag you HDD
Upgrade your GPU

bout it

cowmamba

• The Nation
  • ⬲☠◆☠◆☠◆☠⟴
    • Knox Ware
Re: My PC is so lag..
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 06:58:07 PM »
Well you need to figure out what the specs are first.  How much ram do you have? How old is the computer?  Did you recently install something and then it started lagging? What browser are you using?  Have to updated flash, java, windows, browsers, etc. to their latest versions?

A lot of these sites have many ads and crap going on at once, especially if they are flash based ads, they will eat up precious resources such as memory and cpu cycles.  On top of that, they also have the "endless paging" which means it keeps loading content as you scroll toward the bottom.  If you're doing lot's of scrolling with multiple tabs open you might be capping out your bandwidth as well.

There's many factors that can cause a computer to become slow. You have to give more information than just, "my computer is slow".