Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Guitar Topic  (Read 2284 times)

ratfacedudeguy

• My name is Julian.... and I'm a YYRoholic
  • The Nation
    • My BST (Closed for now!)
Re: Guitar Topic
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 04:52:43 PM »
I'm hearing an awful lot about bareknuckle pickups lately. Are they new, our have I just been out of the scene too long? (or both)

Digging the Gretschs too bobb. What style of music do you play?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:54:07 PM by ratfacedudeguy »

ibanezcollector

• The Nation
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012, 04:54:30 PM »
they been around for a while UK based, and all the hype right now I had a set of Emerald 8s in my 8 String didnt like em at all, expensive too
Quote from: yoyochucker
One of a kind is not all that matters. I can draw a picture of a dog chasing a rat who is pissing on a cat... sure its one of a kind but no one will want it.  O0

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012, 06:59:29 PM »
Gotcha. I'll stick with my Dimarzios O0

thedeadyo

• The Nation
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 11:15:59 PM »
Gotcha. I'll stick with my Dimarzios O0

theyre pretty sensitive to the guitars wood and the general tone your looking for. I contacted this place in
Boston Called The Axe Palace and he hooked me up with what I was looking for.

the price has gone up. I paid $300 for my calibrated set in 2009, that was with rush delivery.

If you get a chance to try them, I think you should, I would say my set was worth it O0

bobb

• The Nation
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »

I play a little of everything. The current band is playing everything from 80s hair metal through contemporary pop. That's the reason I have so many guitars. Different voices for different applications.
The guy who wrote the book on yoyoing.

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 10:27:56 AM »

I play a little of everything. The current band is playing everything from 80s hair metal through contemporary pop. That's the reason I have so many guitars. Different voices for different applications.
That's awesome man. I'm trying to get there myself with my acoustic guitar collection. Really the main motivation is to not have to spend so much time retuning for basically every song, but I'm trying to make sure that each addition to my collection is unique so that the acoustic properties of the instrument compliment the tuning. It's definitely a totally different ballgame than electric though. To give you an idea of what I mean, go check out Don Ross's site and check out his tuning database. Almost every song is played in a different tuning, ranging from standard to baritone (all strings tuned down 2.5 steps) to crazy obscure open tunings. One of my favorite songs, Rockbarra is in CGD#FGA#, where strings 1 through 4 are essentially a pentatonic scale. It makes for some amazing possibilities especially with natural harmonics, and I've been having a great time exploring this whole new side to the instrument.