Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Guitar Topic  (Read 2485 times)

offstring-stewart

• the newbie
  • The Nation
Re: Guitar Topic
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
Holy crud!!! I love Joe's music!!!  I am officially jealous of you, ratface..Well, here are my guitars(pics later, my room is a mess...lol):
Vinci(offbrand) that i got for 100, and had tuned up to play just as great as the next one,
My Ibanez SA sumfin...plays great...
And My Epiphone Les Paul with a single humbucker...
I also have a Digitech grunge distortion, a DOD Yngwier Overdrive pedal, and an Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah pedal...
Yeah, you heard me right.

ratfacedudeguy

• My name is Julian.... and I'm a YYRoholic
  • The Nation
    • My BST (Closed for now!)
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 05:40:02 AM »
Haha thanks. It was a good day for sure. My dad and I saw Joe a few years ago when he came to my area. We paid $300 apiece for the "Club Joe" meet and greet tickets and Joe said it was like the smallest Club Joe ever, so it was me, my dad, and maybe like 3 or 4 other people having a nice small meet with him. Naturally I was too starstruck to have any good questions at the ready so we just kind of hung out for a while before the show started. Then my dad and I won the random backstage encore thing so we got to watch the last couple songs from the side of the stage. Pretty cool experience, even though our front row floor spots had a bit better of a view.

And I totally forgot to mention gear. I'm playing through a Mode Four half stack -- 350 watt head and 400 watt cab. Way more beastly than I'll ever need again lol. In front of the amp I run a Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah (literally picked it up just 2 days ago, sold my Dunlop Crybaby 535Q for it), a Digitech Whammy 2, and a Fulltone Ultimate Octave. Then in the FX Loop I've got a Zoom GFX5 that I use for reverb, delay, and some EQ and compression. I'd snap a pic of my rig but the amp is over at my parents' house and I'm waiting until I've got some spare space to move it in with me.

Excaliborg

• The Nation
  • 1A->5A Everyday
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 01:08:05 PM »
I use an Acoustic B100 with the bass and a Roland Micro Cube with the electric.

cowmamba

• The Nation
  • ⬲☠◆☠◆☠◆☠⟴
    • Knox Ware
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:41 PM »
I play, haven't had a guitar to play in about a year though sadly. I'm working on getting a new one in a few weeks. I had to sell my Dean ML last year after some financial issues, it was a major bummer because the ML really fits me well.  I've had the itch to play a lot recently and I can't take it anymore I've got to break down and get me something to play.

------
I've had a couple ESP's in the past as well. I'm mostly a Charvel/Jackson and Dean player though. I've recently been getting into schecter's I'm not a huge fan of their headstocks but their neckthroughs are pretty slick. Kramers are coming back which is pretty awesome too.  

I've been in a few local bands here and there but mostly just play for myself / for the fun of it.

My biological dad plays guitar, he was always an inspiration to me when I was growing up, he's really good but just hasn't had the luck of being discovered.  He has all the potential to be, but he just doesn't know how to market himself well, or at least keep at it.

This is one of his most recent tracks. http://soundcloud.com/jefferey-scott-phillips

Some of his other stuff - http://www.youtube.com/user/fingersfhillips/videos

And some more. http://www.myspace.com/fingersfhillips

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 08:07:10 PM by cowmamba »

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 01:37:31 PM »
Has anyone else on here ever heard of Ewan Dobson? I just discovered him last night and was absolutely blown away. His music is pretty eccentric (matter of fact, so is he!) but I'd love to be able to play some of his stuff. If anyone is interested, look up his videos for"Level 5" and "Blood and Ice" on youtube. Just ignore the ridiculous background and martial arts costume. You'll see what I mean lol.

offstring-stewart

• the newbie
  • The Nation
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:48 PM »
I love watching Buckethead on youtube, he's so lolzy...That and his guitar skills are sick!

Connavar

• The Nation
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 09:43:22 PM »
Been playing right at 17 years give or take. Own too many guitars but my main setup is my PRS CE 24 with a Laney gh100 head and 4x12 cab thomastik infeld power brights 11-52 strings and various analog stomp boxes ( mostly vintage BOSS pedals ) pay mostly melodic death metal but I am also a fan of jazz and classical styles, studio both jazz and classical theory years ago.

cowmamba

• The Nation
  • ⬲☠◆☠◆☠◆☠⟴
    • Knox Ware
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 10:41:25 PM »
Has anyone else on here ever heard of Ewan Dobson? I just discovered him last night and was absolutely blown away. His music is pretty eccentric (matter of fact, so is he!) but I'd love to be able to play some of his stuff. If anyone is interested, look up his videos for"Level 5" and "Blood and Ice" on youtube. Just ignore the ridiculous background and martial arts costume. You'll see what I mean lol.

He reminds me of John 5 if he only played acoustic.

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 11:25:02 PM »

He reminds me of John 5 if he only played acoustic.

I love it. So much in fact that I just spent 45 bucks on his tabs. Argh... Well at least I'm supporting a talented musician :idiot2:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:25:37 PM by ratfacedudeguy »

Connavar

• The Nation
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »
you guys should check out just about anything from Jeff Loomis, his solo instrumental material is amazing , and the work he did with Nevermore isn't too shabby either. the man is a god of sweep arpeggios..

offstring-stewart

• the newbie
  • The Nation
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
you guys should check out just about anything from Jeff Loomis, his solo instrumental material is amazing , and the work he did with Nevermore isn't too shabby either. the man is a god of sweep arpeggios..
jeff is awesome, I love his works.  Also, When I saw AC/DC live for my 16th Birthday, Angus extended the Jack solo to like 9 minutes, just shredding like no tomorrow...I love Angus Young...just saying.

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2012, 10:55:25 PM »
Yeah one of his Betcha Can't Play This tapping licks was one if my all time favorites. I forgot all about that!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 10:56:10 PM by ratfacedudeguy »

beefYO

• The Nation
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »
I'm playing an Ibanez Art500(brown caiman skin) that I've had for about 4 years now, being played through my Line 6 Spider 3 150w.

I've also got a Carlo Robelli 5 string bass, but the neck broke at the headstock and my bandmate has lost my bass amp, it's very saddening.

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 02:50:01 PM »
In case anyone's interested....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280855250923&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Got that Strat up on the Bay. It's got about 3 days left on it. Give me some bids!

druminpython

• Yoyofactory Fanboy
  • The Nation
  • Crap, I forgot the second M didn't I?
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2012, 07:52:30 AM »
got a niiiiiice Prs style les paul copy. LOVE IT

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
My uncle has one of those. Beautiful guitar. He actually used to have like 5 PRSs and I think they were all Private Stock models. My favorite one was a green quilt maple top double cutaway model with a rotary toggle switch disguised as a volume/tone knob. The green was so rich and vivid I just instantly loved it. PRSs are such beautiful guitars with an incredibly unique feel, so I commend you on your good taste my friend O0

In my guitar world I've been spending the last couple days getting used to my new acrylic nails and finally trying to get the hang of using a dang thumbpick. It's nice being able to keep my thumbnail short again, but it's still really awkward for me to use -- mainly for string slaps and things like that. I've been diving in on trying to learn some of Ewan Dobson's stuff, starting with "Paganini's Hip" and it's really fun so far but super hard!

offstring-stewart

• the newbie
  • The Nation
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »
I've been trying to learn AC/DC and Motley Crue.  That and some Dokken.  I love music so much.  lol ;D

ratfacedudeguy

• The Nation
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:55 AM »
............Anybody still playing guitar around here?

bobb

• The Nation
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2012, 09:19:23 AM »
My last two purchases. 2008 Power Jet and 1962 Tennessean

The guy who wrote the book on yoyoing.

thedeadyo

• The Nation
Re: Re: Guitar Topic
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2012, 01:05:05 PM »
I play quite a bit. I own a natural telecaster with a seymour Duncan little 59  and a washburn v with a bareknuckle warpig. And I just bought a 90s ibanez 430sII. It is an S body with three single coils in it. I plan on putting the Paul Gilbert dimarzios in it.

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk 2