Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: my first skateboard  (Read 886 times)

i throw yoyos

• get swagger like me =P
  • The Nation
my first skateboard
« on: February 23, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »
took a while but i finaly convinced my parents to let me skateboard anyways i ordered my board its a habitat complete looks like this

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Habitat_Ellipse_Complete/descpage-HAELCP.html

anyways i cant ollie or do any tricks (it got here tuesday so this is day 2 as i didnt ride it that day since the weather was bad) and the first day of skating i couldnt ride it 10 feet without falling no i can make it all the way up the street and man is it just the greatest thing ever cant even put words to it just great feeling cruisen along especially on a really smooth road and the way some tricks look i mean it seems like it can only get better no idea why everyone isnt on a skateboard anyways any1 in here skate and u got any mlg pro tips for a noob skater

(:TBT237:)

• The Nation
Re: my first skateboard
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:12:01 PM »
Just practice and have fun. I'm trying to get back into skateboarding and i'm starting to love it again

shorty12

• The Nation
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:19:39 PM »
 :) Wayto go Keep it up
 the learning curve can be a little crappy. Once you get the basic balance and where you like your feet to be. The basic tricks will come with practice. The harder tricks are all about balls.
Worst thing I did was quit skating when I was younger. I think I was 9 when I started and quit when I was 18. I'm 36 now I've been rippin it now for 7 years. I love it more now! I built a ramp it the garage And Im also on the skatepark comity. We should have a killer skatepark by the end of summer here in Port Colborne. Ontario. If your ever around here your more then welcome to skate my ramp or my buddies ramp.

most of all enjoy it and if you like throwing yoyos its the same kind of learning. You try and try and try then you land the trick. then do it again and again.

jeff
Suicide isn't funny...But, if you were going to kill yourself, and really want to freak people out, you could glue your hands to your head, and then hang yourself with piano wire, that way when they find your body, it'll look like you ripped your own head

Jomo_can_yoyo

• The Nation
  • Bruce Lee > Chuck Norris
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:15:29 AM »
Definatley gonna need a pair like was said, I use to skate but,i long board now. From what I experienced, learn to get up. Foot placement is huge! Watch videos of skaters and watch their feet

cowmamba

• The Nation
  • ⬲☠◆☠◆☠◆☠⟴
    • Knox Ware
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »
wow that's a steal for a complete. Never heard of those trucks before though. Pretty good deal, especially for someone that's new to skating.

Main thing is just to have fun. Don't skate to get sponsored or famous or anything like that.  Skate because you love it and you'll go much further.

JoeyThiesen

• The Nation
    • My YouTube
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 05:34:41 AM »
I'm recently getting back into skating after having to stop from an injury. Looks like my skating "career" is really starting to take off now.

To anyone interested, [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0NRNXzefXg[/youtube]

Klowncreep

• The Nation
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »
Wow that's very cool! I would like to get more into it. I tried a long time ago but I cant do many tricks at all