Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Knives, anyone?  (Read 3274 times)

IV

• How doth yo-yo?
  • Homebrew Affiliate.
  • The Nation
  • moshi moshi, IV desu!
Knives, anyone?
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:58:29 AM »
Lets talk blades, do you have an every-day-carry knife? Have a favorite brand?
I'm a Spyderco and Kershaw addict. Currently carrying this beauty as my EDC.

(not my photo... but I do own the same knife)

BIG NIC

• The Nation
Re: Knives, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »
^that Spyderco looks so cool!!  I want one!!

I love knives!!  Used to love going to the cutlery stores in the mall and sporting good stores to drool over all the sweet folding knives!!
Wish I had more $$ to look for a new one.. All I have at the moment is a nice little Kershaw that I carry everyday!

(Not my picture... But I have this same, awesome little guy!)
  B/S/T  -  1 of a kind yoyo's!  -TRADES!!
- RARE 3yo3 IceFu, 1Drop Dietz, Oscillatrix , T5.. Make an OffeR!
http://www.yoyonation

tkdlaxer

• I love throwing, keeps the hands busy, but lets the mind wander
  • The Nation
Re: Re: Knives, anyone?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:41:13 AM »
I'm huge into knives. I have a spyderco delica ffg I carry a lot, a boker subcom, and a bk-11 I use as a fixed blade. Plus many others I don't carry as much.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

ck108860

• Coltin Kifer
  • The Nation
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »
I have a bunch of cheap pocket knives that I get at the flea market sometimes.. I carry around a Colt first production run 1 of 1200 ct16 8a stainless....I don't know what its called....

need-a-bow

• The Nation
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 10:02:27 AM »
I usually carry my Leatherman Core multitool except when in school. If I don't want to have that on my hip I carry a Swiss army recruit(I believe) or the Leatherman single blade that came with my Core. Used to carry Kershaw I found while fishing but I lost it in a dirtbike accident

Decahedron

• The Nation
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »
I edc my kershaw needs work.  Its the only knife I own, and has done whatever I ask of it
http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,108230.0.html

My e-bay auctions!  Looooow starting bids!

mitchleake

• The Nation
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 11:22:44 AM »
I love knives, I'm a knifemaker and collector but nothing beats my standard issue USMC Kabar. The handle on the one I carried is black now from dirt and blood and such.

wolfman

• Vengful Vegan
  • The Nation
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 11:49:57 AM »
I never bothered with a nice knife (always figured I'd lose it), but my dad got me a nice Benchmade recently and I love it.  It's the first knife I have ever had with the clip on the left side, which also makes it the first folding knief that has fit comfortably in my hand.

(not sure why it's upside down)

IV

• How doth yo-yo?
  • Homebrew Affiliate.
  • The Nation
  • moshi moshi, IV desu!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 05:18:35 PM »
I edc my kershaw needs work.  Its the only knife I own, and has done whatever I ask of it

I own a needs work. They're available at most Wal-marts at the moment and are amazing knives. Don't sell that strait edge blade short, it's an awesome knife.

I love knives, I'm a knifemaker and collector but nothing beats my standard issue USMC Kabar. The handle on the one I carried is black now from dirt and blood and such.

lol I more meant something you'd carry around in your pocket but whatever works, man.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:21:11 PM by IV »

Faust

• The Nation
  • Tied up and ready to yo!
    • The Yoyologist
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 08:36:55 PM »
My best friend forges knives, and does all his own stitching, etc. for the sheaths.

If you're keen on seeing his (awesome) work you should look for Wayne Morgan Knives. He updates his facebook regularly.

Clifford_Ball

• Also known as Todd
  • The Nation
    • My Yoyo Collection
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 04:43:42 AM »
I carry a Leatherman multi-tool at work every day, am on my 3rd one after 16 years. Started with a Supertool, then I got a Wave which was really nice compared to the supertool, much more comfortable to hold. I am now carrying a Blast since I got one for free for attending a steam sterilizer service school recently. This Blast has the sharpest knife blade of any Leatherman I have ever owned. I just wish they would do away with the eyeglass screwdriver and put something more useful in there like the regular sized bit holder that the Wave had or something.
All my posts are 100% subjective and opinion based

GunstarHero

• Chuck Cescon
  • The Nation
  • Throw it away
    • Tumblr (18+)
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 04:52:08 AM »
Not my picture.. but it's what I've been carrying lately. A lot more feasible to edc than my Gerber Automatic Tanto Military Issue folder. The pictured knife is not exactly the same as mine...as mine is actually a very old Gerber, whereas the pictured one is a cheap $2 knockoff. Anyone know what model it is? When exactly it was made? I still have the original Leather sheath for it as well. The guy who sold it to me told me he got it when he was in Vietnam.

Narced

• The Nation
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 05:09:26 AM »
I carry a cold steel everyday, for work as a diver I always have at least 2 spyderco saltwater series on my harness. 

tkdlaxer

• I love throwing, keeps the hands busy, but lets the mind wander
  • The Nation
Re: Re: Knives, anyone?
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 06:50:59 AM »
I've been wanting a svord peasant lately. Very simplistic.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Dizzo

• I am a kwyjibo
  • The Nation
  • c22 ftw !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 08:31:25 AM »
kershaw leek ftw

IV

• How doth yo-yo?
  • Homebrew Affiliate.
  • The Nation
  • moshi moshi, IV desu!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 09:27:16 AM »
kershaw leek ftw

I like the leek as a collector's item but the blade seems too thin for me to use as an everyday EDC knife. I'm afriad I'll break it. They user thicker stock on the Blur which I prefer over the leek.

need-a-bow

• The Nation
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:31 AM »
I carry a Leatherman multi-tool at work every day, am on my 3rd one after 16 years. Started with a Supertool, then I got a Wave which was really nice compared to the supertool, much more comfortable to hold. I am now carrying a Blast since I got one for free for attending a steam sterilizer service school recently. This Blast has the sharpest knife blade of any Leatherman I have ever owned. I just wish they would do away with the eyeglass screwdriver and put something more useful in there like the regular sized bit holder that the Wave had or something.
which Supertool did you have? My dad had the 200 which was a total pain because of the locking mechanism. He finally broke it last year(13 story drop onto a bobcat and only broke off the flat screwdriver) and for the 300 when he sent it for warranty repairs. Still, nothing I prefer over the Charge Ti. Only wish I had one...

Conviction

• The Nation
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 09:57:14 AM »
Very nice Spydie, IV. Sage, right? I carry a Manix at work/out and about/anywhere but campus. I used to carry a P'kal. Fun little thing, but I needed something with a bit more utility. So yeah, Spyderco fanboy here, too  O0

I also keep a Leatherman Surge in my truck for any odds and ends that come up.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:12:32 AM by Conviction »

IV

• How doth yo-yo?
  • Homebrew Affiliate.
  • The Nation
  • moshi moshi, IV desu!
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Very nice Spydie, IV. Sage, right? I carry a Manix at work/out and about/anywhere but campus. I used to carry a P'kal. Fun little thing, but I needed something with a bit more utility. So yeah, Spyderco fanboy here, too  O0

I also keep a Leatherman Surge in my truck for any odds and ends that come up.

Yeah it's a Sage 1. I now carry a Native with me just about everywhere, mostly because the Sage is too damn pretty.

icthus

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 05:27:48 AM »
Back in my mechanicing days I bought the perfect knife for me. I used snap on tools so I saw it fitting to get a knife made for them.

I give you the Kershaw 1440 Chubby.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:33:05 AM by icthus »